close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beer - Best Mixed 12 Packs

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Easterbrook, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Easterbrook

Easterbrook Wagon Burner

I like variety, and I'm a big fan of buying mixed 12 packs. I've been buying these from different brewers for a while, and my absolute favorite is a mixed 12 from Victory that comes with HopDevil, Prima Pils, and Golden Monkey:

[​IMG]

HopDevil is a damn fine IPA, while Prima Pils is one of the finest Pilsener produced in the country. Golden Monkey is certainly the weakest brew of the three, yet even that's a pretty darn good Tripel. And at 9.5% alcohol, you're feeling pretty good pretty quick.

So what are your thoughts on mixed 12 packs and your favorites?

2. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

I like places that let you "build your own."

I trend towards Porters, Ales, Stouts and most Belgian styles.

I really dont do "cheap beer" but I cant get past how good Blue Moon is for a mass market.

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

FWIW, and this doesn't really have much to do with a "mixed bag", but if you're pickin' your own, pass on the New Castle Founder's Ale. Not so good.

4. Easterbrook

Easterbrook Wagon Burner

I like the build your own too. My local grocery store doesn't do that, however, so I usually go for the mixed 12 while buying my other groceries.

Blue moon actually isn't terrible, and your average joe thinks it's craft beer, even though it's made by Coors. It's got Coors's distribution channels, however, so unlike craft beer they sell the stuff everywhere.