close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Been shooting my glock so much now I suck with my XD pistols...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PHATSPEED7X, Feb 12, 2012.

1. PHATSPEED7X

PHATSPEED7X

Back on the 1st I finally got my stolen guns back form the sheriff. They were two Springfield XD models, and a Ruger p89. They were stolen from my house back in Dec of 2010. I was pretty excited to have my guns back so I took all of them out for a little shoot out in my backyard.

I have to say I wasn't use to shooting the XD pistols (been 5 months since I shot one), and my groups with the glock were much better. I'm gonna have to do some more training with my XD to get good at them again. My main problem is the trigger. The glock has a crisp, pull it and it goes bang. Both my XD I sense there is a small "creep", and it was throwing my sights off.

Any other shooters on here who own both Glock and XD pistols? Which gun do you shoot better?

2. 2005 Vette

2005 Vette

I'm with you I shoot my G34 much better the my XD for the same reason the creep in the trigger. My solution is I'm selling my XD and getting a Glock to take its place.

3. DaBurna

DaBurna

What condition were your guns when u got them back?

4. PHATSPEED7X

PHATSPEED7X

Guns were recovered last spring with all the gear, cases, etc... Looks like they had never even been fired. But they needed to be held as evidence until he plead guilty. When I got them back I was surprised to see that they had been taken out of the cases, and given a good coating of oil so they wouldn't rust. I got them home, cleaned them up, and all shot fine. No problems.

5. tnhawk

tnhawk

I took my G27 and XD40sc to the range together several times to compare them to each other. I shot equally well with the pistols at various distances.