Beef jerky recipes, anyone?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by S2nd, May 19, 2005.

1. S2nd

S2nd One happy cat

I'm going snow camping next weekend, and I was planning on making some jerky. I want to try something different from my usual batches. Anyone got some recipes they'd like to share?

P.S. I was eating my steak last night, and I was wondering if anyone ever tried making jerky out of a medium rare cutlet. After cutting it into strips, of course. Would barbecuing it, or pan frying it give it some extra flavor?

Thanks!

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

but soaking it in Yoshidas or soy, hot sauce and a little sugar a little liquid smoke would.

Slice it thin soak it then hang on your oven racks as low as it will go, Prop the door open, and let it dry into jerky.

3. Str8shootr

Str8shootr

I use a 5 lb. roast. (whatever is on sale, don't buy fatty cuts) I have the butcher slice it thin for me. When you tell them you are making beef jerky, they are more than glad to help. I even bring some in to the butcher.....he is always glad to see me. LOL

Marinade:

Half bottle of liquid smoke
    1 bottle of Lite Soy sauce
    6 chopped garlic cloves
    2 Tsp dried basil
    1/3-1/2 bottle Louisiana hot sauce
    2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
    1 Tbs coarse ground black pepper

Don't marinate the beef too long. I usually place all the beef in the marinade, and then start laying it onto the dehydrater trays until I have all the beef in the dehydrater.

You can make it hotter with more cayenne/hot sauce. I like mine spicy but not real hot.

4. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

I Like mine pretty simple. I marinate the already sliced meat in burbon over night. then I just put the seasoning I make from Salt, tony chacheres creole seasoning and coarse black pepper on it and dry it till it is brittle

5. S2nd

S2nd One happy cat

Cool! I'm planning on trying them all.

glock_19guy1983, can I get that creole seasoning in any supermarket? I don't think I've seen it up here.

lethal tupperwa, I have a dehydrator, but I've read about the oven rack trick before.

Thanks guys ;c ;c

Will post pictures.