close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beef Jerky Recipe Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Glock13, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Glock13

Glock13

I am in need of an awesome beef jerky recipe.
    Any suggestions as to what cut of meat, seasoning, and marinating/cooking instructions would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

2. jawjaboy

jawjaboy Casual lead ho

I put this on Food Forum here on GT a while back. I've tried a LOT of recipes for beef. This is my favorite, sooo easy too. I use bottom round roast, leanest cut for the money in my area. Paid $1.69/pound this past w/end for it.

3. failsafe

failsafe

This is my favorite,,passed on to me by my Uncle Bob...

Uncle Bob’s Beef Jerky

Add:
    2 cups Soy Sauce
    3 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
    2 tsp Louisiana Hot Sauce
    3 tsp prepared Horseradish
    4 tsp Liquid Smoke
    Mix in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
    Slice a 3 lb. Rump Roast in ¼ inch or less strips. Cut with the grain of the meat. If you will partially freeze the meat , it makes it easier to slice. Marinate each slice of the meat for a couple of minutes.
    Put a single layer of meat in the roaster pan, sprinkle garlic powder and coarse pepper over the meat. Put another layer of meat on top at a right angle to the meat below. Repeat garlic powder and pepper. Repeat this until all of the meat is in the pan.
    Pour remaining marinating sauce over the meat. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
    Put strips of meat in a dehydrator, until done.

Tip : Make sure that the rump roast is lean and free of all fat. Trim any fat before cooking.

4. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

Soy sauce, brown sugar, water, fresh ground pepper, may be some crushed red pepper if you want hot. I never measure anything out I look for the consistency I want. Mix everything up in a stainless bowl add your beef(cut to your desired thickness)let marinate overnight in the fridge(stir up once in awhile). I smoke mine in my Big Chief front loader ten hours or more depending how thick your cut is. I usually use 3 to 4 pans of apple or cherry chips for smoke. The beef is any lean good beef roast that you can cut yourself or have the butcher do it free at the grocery store. I also will just use Yoshidas gourmet sauce in place of the soy sauce. Not as good as the Jerky Hut stuff, but a lot more affordable.