Beckley, WV 2015 Debriefing & Photo Thread!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Aug 8, 2015.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Leaving at 0600 hours today. Breakfast in Christiansburg and then on to the range. Please post your stories and photos here.:banana:

2. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

Good to see you today, Danny.

It got warm and was a long wait but we made it.

The good thing about living closer, we beat you home.

I don't know about you but I shot one of my best scores ever.

3. DannyR

It's nice to have a close match. I was home at 6:05pm

4. DannyR

Well, I'm finally rested after a very tough week last week. The match was just great. Congrats to Mr. Ford and staff for another fine event. Arrived there at 9:35am and left around 3:15pm. I took a lot of extra time visiting old friends, making new friends, and visiting with the GSSF Staff. My thanks to all the RO's and GSSF staff for an outstanding event. I am not sure that sunshine in Beckley draws as many competitors as the usual rain and mud, but I hope so. Got to visit with former teammate Rodney Leeber, Bob & Pat Temple, Steve Leffler, Galaxy Girl, Bryan Dover, teammates Ron & Mark., Paul Huber, Nick Huth, Marcia Shelton. Met Steve, the Warrant Service Supervisor. and spent considerable time with GSSF Match Directors Mark Ramsey and Pattie "All Smiles" Norton. They ground was dry and actually covered with grass. Who knew. Hot dogs and hamburgers right off the charcoal grill was really nice, and the weather absolutely perfect for a fun day of shooting. I did not shoot quite as well as last year, but as an old man with two bad knees I was quite satisfied with my 149.21 in Am/Civ. My outdoor match #51 is now in the books. May I be blessed by the random pistol fairy.

Bob Ford, how did the food vendor manage to blow the hamburger aroma 100 yards east to the shooting stages?

ron59 and misunderestimated like this.
  5. Bob F.

Bob F.

Danny, that's from the swirling winds in the road ruts! Explained to several folks that the area had 7.5 inches of rain in July alone, after a hard winter and wet spring! A local said it only rained twice here; once for 23 days and once for 32 days!.
    Seriously, really want to thank all the non-BGC members who jumped in to help!! We recognized what a shape we'd have been in without their help so with Patty's help, included most in the RO pistol certificate drawing. We gave away four certificates and our own new RO's won two but Eric Curry and Jim Wallis each won a certificate.

I've a lousy memory for names but there really was a lot of talk about how much y'all helped. We had 12 BGC members and 42 entries in the drawing. A shame we couldn't give all of you something nice. GSSF staff talked about how many shooters help at all the matches they attend.

Mark Ramsey had several suggestions to make next year better for everyone. The road will get a lot of attention and we'll push the state to fix the paved road. Of course, they've had their hands full too!

6. Bob F.

Bob F.

BTW: 500+, new record!!! (for us)

GlockDSCGirl likes this.
  7. DannyR

Wow, 500+. That is great.

8. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Bob F. , James L. and a host of volunteers did a great job!

I really enjoy the people and scenery at the Beckley match.
    The Club road was fine. The County road had some serious divots!

The Beckley Gun Club hosts monthly pistol and 3 gun matches as well.
    Very professional matches with a lot of creativity.

GSSF Staff: Patti, Mark, and Tim were courteous and helpful - as always!

9. Glockster00

Glockster00

Bob, GSSF staff, Glock and BGC members....
    Thank you for a successful match and allowing me to take home a RO pistol certificate (Eric) I had planned to shoot Sunday because my girls had cheer stuff on Saturday. Well, a friend of mine was going Saturday because his boys had football stuff Sunday. So I though I would go ahead and ride up from Charleston with him and shoot a couple divisions. Shortly after arriving, I saw that you where a little short handed so I crossed my name off the sign in sheet and decided to work Saturday and shoot Sunday. Arrived Sunday with another buddy and his son and the three of us worked and shot a couple divisions. Overall, great match! Thanks again to all involved, hope to be back next year!
    Eric