Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
UBER VOL !!!
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about “Piss off!”

there is no way that I can see to justify this on the basis of public safety. Just another jackboot northeastern liberal state exerting it’s power.

“We got a call from an assistant state prosecutor”. So? Tell them to have a coke and a smile, and shut the **** up!

I’d be selling tickets. Let the state police show up and make arrests. Enjoy YouTube, and your lawsuit! GFY!

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ready...g-governors-social-distancing-executive-order

Reactions: rock_castle

·
Registered
32,473 Posts
California has been surprisingly chill about stuff. They might get pissy about people exploiting the loopholes but they have already loosened some rules like restaurants selling booze and people taking it off premises. A perfect example is a Mexican restaurant that is know for strong margaritas is allowed to sell them to you as you do your take out food. Ordinarily in California that is at least 2 violations, maybe 4 or 5.

·
Registered
391 Posts
As a retired NJ LEO I know all about Assistant Prosecutors. They can interpret a law 180 degrees out of the plainly written interpretation.

·
NRA4EVR
11,737 Posts
California has been surprisingly chill about stuff. They might get pissy about people exploiting the loopholes but they have already loosened some rules like restaurants selling booze and people taking it off premises. A perfect example is a Mexican restaurant that is know for strong margaritas is allowed to sell them to you as you do your take out food. Ordinarily in California that is at least 2 violations, maybe 4 or 5.
If you think about it, that is less hazardous than serving on-premises only. They get it to go, even if they drink while driving, their BAC won’t be up until after they’re home.

Same thing with a roadie on the way home from work. I never did, and never will as long as it’s illegal, but I would support repealing the open container law.

·
UBER VOL !!!
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

TN and TX have done the same.

I did pizza delivery back in the day. The place was in the lobby of a 5 story, all student hi-rise. I could not deliver a 6 pack with a pizza, even if it was going upstairs in the same building.

If you wanted beer (and we sold a LOT of beer), you had to come down to the lobby and buy the beer yourself, through the window. That fact cut me out of a ton of tips. They would just send down the guy with an ID, and he would buy 2 cases for the whole group.

The rule didn’t prevent a single underage sale. It did cost me and others a bunch of money.

·
UBER VOL !!!
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you think about it, that is less hazardous than serving on-premises only. They get it to go, even if they drink while driving, their BAC won’t be up until after they’re home.

Same thing with a roadie on the way home from work. I never did, and never will as long as it’s illegal, but I would support repealing the open container law.
The great radio talk show host Michael Berry, from Houston,TX, says every Friday that “there is no reason that a grown-ass man, or a lebesian woman, shouldn’t be able to enjoy a single cold beer on their way home on a Friday night.”

I tend to agree.

·
UBER VOL !!!
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As a retired NJ LEO I know all about Assistant Prosecutors. They can interpret a law 180 degrees out of the plainly written interpretation.
Yeah, that seems to happen every single day, somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts