Glock Talk banner

Beavertail grip safety

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  knedrgr 
#1 · (Edited)
Which manufacturer provides the highest ride?

Or do they pretty much all produce about the same results?

Wilsons High ride appears to have a higher grip in the pic but its hard to tell..

Any suggestions? SA Loaded.

#7 ·
I like the Springfield grip safety quite a bit. Especially on a Springfield gun.

I'm not too big a fan of the Ed Brown type, it does ride a tad bit higher, but the Springfield feels smoother in my hand.

#9 ·
Thanks for the help Guys.. Just wondering if it will provide a higher grip than whats on there and if the difference is worth the cost and time..
shoot one and find out for yourself.
I like the Brown and STI grips safeties, but don't have a problem with the SA grip safety. The Wilson GS doesn't feel as nice (in my hands) as the SA for some reason.

#11 ·
The Wilson GS doesn't feel as nice (in my hands) as the SA for some reason.

This is what I've noticed after handling all of 'em many times.

A Springfield grip safety installed by their custom shop is the best feeling one out there. They make the gun feel soft.

#12 ·
The Ed Brown is by far the best looking. Its too bad it wont fit my Springfield, I was thinking about having one fitted since the one on my TRP is a bit loose. (one part of the gun that was obviously not hand-fitted!).

#13 ·
The Ed Brown is by far the best looking. Its too bad it wont fit my Springfield, I was thinking about having one fitted since the one on my TRP is a bit loose. (one part of the gun that was obviously not hand-fitted!).
it'll fit, but you have to have the tangs welded up first.

#15 ·
If you have the SA Loaded, then the Wilson or Smith & Alexander are your most popular options. Can't do EB, since it's a different radius.
LOL, yeah found that out the hard way. Bought the EB and the jig, then quickly realized it wasn't going to work. :eek:kie: Oh well, I'm sure it will get used on a future project. :embarassed:

#17 ·
Duh! Look like you'll have to get a new frame to build a new gun. :rofl:
Yep, just let all the stuff accumulate until it's a no brainer. When I put this together, the only thing I needed to buy was the frame, safety, trigger, and plunger tube.

:supergrin:

#18 ·
Yep, just let all the stuff accumulate until it's a no brainer. When I put this together, the only thing I needed to buy was the frame, safety, trigger, and plunger tube.
:supergrin:
Nice. I hope to accumulate enough parts and then just put together a "spare" gun later. :supergrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.