21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Reactions: n2g and Jade Falcon

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Cant speak for others, but yes the system is rigged in favor of the elite.

Doesn’t mean that if the DA would have been Don Jr. the median wouldn’t have been plastering crap 24/7/365.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, very true. However, OM asked me if it would make a difference to me, not to the media.

·
S.R.D. v
10,028 Posts

·
Registered
74,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It wouldn't be news if Jesus was the AG.

Our system is set up to favor the wealthy. It is what it is.
You are so understanding, when the corruption is Democrats'.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
It wouldn't be news if Jesus was the AG. Our system is set up to favor the wealthy. It is what it is.
Hooligan, I like a lot of what you post. We may not see eye-to-eye on a lot of issues, but you are very insightful in many respects.

On this one, you are correct (rich do a sh!t-ton better than poor people in criminal justice system) and absolutely incorrect about it mattering, depending on whose son or daughter is in question.

Trump's family is examined under a microscope. Sarah Palin's family, for crying out loud, same thing. If a leading (R) politician had a son who as a prosecutor cut a sweetheart deal with a very wealthy criminal charged with child rape, you can bet every grain of rice in China that the media would investigate the story like a 14-year old boy inspects the Victoria's Secret catalogue.

Did the wealthy family make political donations to the politician? Before or after, does not matter. If before, then the deal was a payoff. If after, then the payoff was for the deal. Did the politician know? If not, how is that possible? Did the prosecutor work with family to help politician? And on and on and on and on.

(D)im politicians? Pffft, nothing to see here, move along.

·
Unmasked
4,401 Posts
Two sets of laws.

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Hooligan, I like a lot of what you post. We may not see eye-to-eye on a lot of issues, but you are very insightful in many respects.

On this one, you are correct (rich do a sh!t-ton better than poor people in criminal justice system) and absolutely incorrect about it mattering, depending on whose son or daughter is in question.

Trump's family is examined under a microscope. Sarah Palin's family, for crying out loud, same thing. If a leading (R) politician had a son who as a prosecutor cut a sweetheart deal with a very wealthy criminal charged with child rape, you can bet every grain of rice in China that the media would investigate the story like a 14-year old boy inspects the Victoria's Secret catalogue.

Did the wealthy family make political donations to the politician? Before or after, does not matter. If before, then the deal was a payoff. If after, then the payoff was for the deal. Did the politician know? If not, how is that possible? Did the prosecutor work with family to help politician? And on and on and on and on.

(D)im politicians? Pffft, nothing to see here, move along.
Oh, it certainly matters from a moral perspective - I didn't mean to give that impression.

I'm just not surprised. There is no shortage of "sweetheart" deals when the rich and powerful are involved and the poor victims get victimized all over again.

If there is something special about this that lays an extra amount of blame at the feet of the AG, I'm missing it. Why the lack of venom directed at Judge Jurden? I think we all know why.

If you want to criticize Beau for agreeing to the plea, go for it. He's dead, I'm betting he doesn't care.

I think I'll be more glad when this election is over than I've ever been - regardless of who wins.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
9,695 Posts
I know I sound jaded...and after 25 yrs working within the "system", I certainly am...but we have a 2-tier system of justice...has always been that way, will continue to be that way...yes there are a smattering of "special" instances when the "system" works as the Founders designed it, but $, influence and social standing, will continue to game the system almost all of the time...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts