GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
74,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"FLASHBACK: Beau Biden Agreed to Lenient Plea Deal for DuPont Heir Who Raped 3-Year-Old — No Prison Time

A well-connected heir to the Dupont fortune got no prison time after admitting to raping his three-year-old daughter, thanks in part to the actions of then-Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

It was February 6, 2009, when Robert H. Richards IV, the great-grandson of Irénée du Pont, the heir to his family’s fortune, admitted to the crime, The News Journal reported.

Richards was charged with two counts of second-degree rape in October 2007, punishable by a minimum of 20 years in prison if convicted

“Attorney General Beau Biden’s office indicted him on the same charges in January 2008,” explained the News Journal. “But in June of that year, days before a scheduled trial, [prosecutor Renee] Hrivnak allowed Richards to plead guilty to one count of fourth-degree rape, which carries no mandatory prison time with sentencing guidelines that recommend a sentence of zero to 30 months in prison.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...-who-raped-3-year-old-no-prison-time-n1076224 "

"Judge said du Pont heir 'will not fare well' in prison

The plea offer

Attorney General Beau Biden's office had initially indicted Richards on two counts of second-degree rape of a child – Class B violent felonies that carry a mandatory 10-year prison term for each count.

According to the arrest warrant filed by a New Castle County Police Detective JoAnna Burton in December 2007, the girl, then 5, told her grandmother, Donna Burg, that Richards sexually abused her.

Burg said the child reported that her father told her it was "our little secret" but said she didn't want "my daddy touching me anymore." The girl said her father molested her in the bedrooms of her mother and brother in the mansion at 10 Summit Lane near Winterthur Museum, the arrest warrant said.

Tracy Richards, who confronted her then-husband, told police he admitted abusing his daughter but said "it was an accident and he would never do it again," the warrant said.

Richards was free on $60,000 secured bail while awaiting trial on the charges that could have put him behind bars for years.

But in June 2008, just days before a scheduled trial, prosecutor Renee Hrivnak offered Richards a plea to a single count of fourth-degree rape, which carries no mandatory time, and he accepted, admitting in court that he abused his child.

"It was more than reasonable, an enlightened plea offer," Richards attorney Eugene J. Maurer Jr. said.

https://www.delawareonline.com/stor...y-preview-du-pont-heir-stayed-prison/7016769/ "

Reactions: nrajeff and cbetts1

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I doubt that I would want any of the Bidens to babysit my kids.

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
"

That aside, what specifically does this have to do with Joe Biden?
Nothing. Maybe it is supposed to be the Republican "bombshell" of the week. Remember, I said that rather than having just one "October surprise", there would be one a week from each party and here is why:
1. Early voting started at the beginning of October. It continues into November.
2. The old "let's throw s--t on the wall and see what sticks.
3. You are supposed to forget the principles behind the constitutional ban on "bills of attainder".
4. Lest we forget that Beau Biden.

·
Registered
10,578 Posts
What a scummy circle of people (Biden family and those around them). But the Debate... I felt through most of the the Debate, Trump bettered Biden. But I find the debates difficult to watch. They are not so much debates as they are angry yelling matches. This is too much like being around the old guys at work when I was younger. One guy would get irritated through the week and by Friday would have enough of it and then go off on someone. They would yell at each other all morning about something and then go home. It would start all over on Monday...
I feel better about the Trumps performance the day after, like this morning. After getting the drama out the way, Trump got the better of Biden, mostly with side remarks, pretty much the only way he could expose Joe’s failings.
I really don’t care if I see another Presidential Debate in my lifetime....

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
I really don’t care if I see another Presidential Debate in my lifetime....
I think I haven't watched a debate since the original one around 1960. I remember going to a Humphrey rally in 1968. Not listen to speeches except one made by Sonny Bono after he withdrew from the governorship race around 1989.

I have not felt any loss from not seeing them.

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Wait, so you're saying a rich person got over in our judicial system?????? No way. No. Way.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
"An accident"? The hell?

I guess that means if someone shanks him in prison, it's an "accident" too.

The DA in question is Biden’s son. Lol. One son is fleecing communists and the other inbred retarded pedophile billionaires. That’s a pretty decent gig, I guess.

·
Registered
10,051 Posts

·
Come on man!!
14,381 Posts

I dunno, but that hasn't stopped Dem media from going after every single one of Trump's kids, including his teenage son Barron.

Like it or not, the Biden family is a corrupt racket from the top-down, reporting on that is going to happen, extensively.

·
Rational
14,230 Posts
You don't think our legal system favors wealthy defendants as compared to poor defendants? Interesting.
Jussie Smollett got off from 16 felonies. That never would have happened if he was poor.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
You don't think our legal system favors wealthy defendants as compared to poor defendants? Interesting.
Cant speak for others, but yes the system is rigged in favor of the elite.

Doesn’t mean that if the DA would have been Don Jr. the median wouldn’t have been plastering crap 24/7/365.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
NRA Life Member
63,408 Posts
Beau was apparently the closest thing the Biden family had to a shining star. He looks like a saint and scholar compared to the rest.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts