GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I know right where ocoee is. I spent the last 2 years (up until August, in Orlando, right by the bridge with Orlando on the side. Exit 78 off I4 by millenia mall. Granted, I lived on the universal side.

Shame you didn't join when I was still in Orlando! Oh, and if you are in Orlando, on OBT is Reig's Gun Shop (orlandogunshop.com , I4 exit East, past Millenia Mall to Orange Blossom Trail, Turn right go maybe 0.25 miles its on your right) and they are a glock certified store/armorer and Bob (owner) and Tim (short retired Marine/Philipino) are both great to deal with and very helpful!
That's funny, I used to live there too, in a condo at Cypress Creek back in the days when there was a nice little golf course there (it's gone now).

I have not been to Reig's in many years. I spend nearly all my $$ at Shoot Straight in Apopka. I know Larry, the manager very well.

I'll have to take a trip over to Reig's to see if they can beat SS's price on a Gen 4 G22. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Problem with these old "beater glocks" is that they can be beat up and shot to h*ll and they're still over $300!! I can get a good quality semi-auto new for less than $400, so I don't see a whole lot of value there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Problem with these old "beater glocks" is that they can be beat up and shot to h*ll and they're still over $300!! I can get a good quality semi-auto new for less than $400, so I don't see a whole lot of value there.
You must be talking about the Ruger P series.

Well made guns, but too bulky for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you send your well used Glock to Glock they will go through it and replace anything that needs replacing for free.
Good to know. Do you just ask them to check it out? Also do you need to send and receive it through a FFL or do they just send it to your home? Thanks

·
NRA Life Member
63,394 Posts
If I could find old used beater Glocks at good prices, I'd buy them as long as the frame and slide weren't cracked. However, most gun owners not being shooters, the used ones I see are usually in like-new condition. Since good used Glocks cost $400-425 and I can get new ones for $398, I don't usually buy used any more.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I love beater Glocks cause I can fix em up if needed. I have a ton of parts and need guns to put em in. I sent my slide to the 17 and 19 to Tripp for their cobra chrome and now I am pipin with a chrome pin kit on em. I don't like new Glocks with rails, just the older ones.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts