close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beatdown from GA Carry Forum

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Bearcat06, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Bearcat06

Bearcat06

In regards to the thread about the Guard being beat up by a hero from the GA Carry Forum.

One of the members of another forum (who is a LEO) saw this (as it was posted there as well) and he contacted the Savannah Media.....

Here are the results....

Well, here is the response I got from Josh Rayburn from the Savannah newspaper:

We haven’t been able to find out anything to prove it’s real.

Josh Rayburn
    Metro Editor
    Savannah Morning News
    912-652-0414
    josh.rayburn@savannahnow.com
    www.savannahnow.com

I e-mailed him the various links and gave him and the team of reporters that he supervises the chance to run this story down. Savannah is the hometown of the poster that claimed he knocked the guard silly that tried to take his gun. Since Savannah is a town of only 132,000 folks, chances are if this happened in or around there, one of the many sources that a newspaper would have (police, courts, public records, etc, etc.) would have something.

http://forums.officer.com/showpost.php?p=2152819&postcount=104

Like to hear from the hero now....or any of the folks sticking up for him. Surely, the Media would have caught wind through their sources of this beat-down in a store that involved LE and Emergency Services response......

2. imaguy3

imaguy3

heck, police reports are public information.... let's get a copy of that!

3. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Was it really a beat down? From what I read so far the gaurd went for his gun without even speaking a word to him and he applied enough force for the guard to stop what he was doing. Its not clear yet if he was carrying legal or not but the guard never said anything before going for his gun and the cops told the guy he was free to go. I could be wrong.

4. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Was it really a beat down? From what I read so far the gaurd went for his gun without even speaking a word to him and he applied enough force for the guard to stop what he was doing. Its not clear yet if he was carrying legal or not but the guard never said anything before going for his gun and the cops told the guy he was free to go. I could be wrong.

5. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

smells like boolsheet to me

6. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  7. Rohniss

Rohniss

The point is that the Reporter was unable to verify that the story posted ever happened, and like most said it is appearing to be utter BS, completely fabricated, lies, whatever you want to call it.

EDIT:

I love that scene...

8. AZLawDawg

AZLawDawg Oh, Oh, Oh!!

lol, exactly what I was thinking.

9. OKGlocker

OKGlocker Geezer Member

Never talk to the guard... errrrr... police :supergrin:

10. deadday

deadday

11. true believer

true believer Super Moderator Moderator

i think what the op is saying is its bull crap...never happened...nada...and as a well respected fourm member said, he never saw the law work so fast..2 days, from so called reported incident to the d.a. saying no charges would be filed..have you ever see the law work so fast..hell i once sent a letter to to ada and it took 3 months to get a answer..
    :whistling:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  12. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

There would have been EMT records, police reports, ETC. I would think that the local news media would have been all over a story like this one.
    I'm guessing that a reporter would have been able to chase down any mention of such an outrageous happening. Its beginning to look a bit sad for the "Hero" here. :upeyes:

13. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

I'm soooo shocked.

:whistling::rofl::rofl:

14. ColdZero .308

ColdZero .308

theebadone,

Is that from a movie? I've never seen it before but it looks interesting.

Thanks,

C

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Collateral staring Tom Cruise (his character is Vincent, a hit man).

EDIT: here is a YouTube vid of that scene: SPOILER ALERT - don't click on it if you haven't seen the movie and want to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmKR6evZRQQ&feature=player_embedded

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  16. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Everyone of you are right, there is no proof. Although, the story doesn't seem too farfetched and brings me to my next point:

If you were legally carrying in a store and a guard lunged himself at you for your weapon without warning, what would you do?

BTW, there's suppose to be footage from surveillance cameras that is going to be released. I'm not putting too much faith into it actually resurfacing but I will keep an eye out on the forum just in case.

17. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Sorry if this ofends you sir, but you seem to be holding on to this........because you want to. For whatever reason. It isn't logical, it isn't factual, and it doesn't seemed to have ever happened. Some stories are just that.......stories. They usually made up by someone wanting .......................whatever, notice, fame, or to have others think them something they're not. And they usually play off the repressed desires of others who may want to do or act the same way.

The story is a scam. Believe it if you wish, but try not to be very surprised when it's shown to be untrue. And try not to put much stock in things that just don't pass the smell test. I can tell, yep I can, that you're not very old and may not have the understanding of how things like that work, no disrespect, just stating how things are. Learn to question everything until there's proof, especially things that are designed to make someone appear "cool".

18. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

19. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

20. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

After reading the story, it may, just may be somewhat true, but it still doesn't pass the smell test.

May be part fact and part imagination, heavy on the imagination part though. I still have a nagging feeling about it. Something's just not right about it.

We'll see.