GlockTalk Forum banner

461 - 480 of 558 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
These are surfingwaves at LBI, NJ. The best waves are in the fall or when an offshore storm can pump them up.
Same here. The surfers love it when a storm passes by offshore.
New Jersey beaches are beautiful.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
New Jersey beaches are beautiful.
LOL! At the Atlantic City beach when I saw a little tike playing with a tampon applicator that washed up on the beach, playing that it was a telescope and he a pirate. Mom was not amused.
I wonder how much the beach tags cost now, and is Wildwood still free?

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #463
LOL! At the Atlantic City beach when I saw a little tike playing with a tampon applicator that washed up on the beach, playing that it was a telescope and he a pirate. Mom was not amused.
The beaches in NJ were very clean the last time I worked there, but that was several years ago.

·
Registered
902 Posts
We call them "Beach Whistles" likely had a good look at a New yorkersVJJ as their floatable find their way to NJ and Cape Cod's beaches.

Wildwood is still free, but it attracts the trash outta Philly. Season passes are under $50, daily badges are $5-10 per day and are designed for Bennies and Shoebees that drive the funding for the daily am beach sweeping/cleaning. Those crews have found some treasure while on the job; bails of pot and kilos of Cocaine have washed up on the beaches, more than was ever reported.

The beaches in NJ were very clean the last time I worked there, but that was several years ago.
Most are pristine, some are less than. LBI is and always was meticulous with the exception of Sandy when EVERYTHING was a mess.

Hottie.jpg

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Being raised on Texas Gulf coast never messed with Surfing.
Now, you talk Water Ski's I'm your Man, Pairs, or Slalom, lots of fun. The first Boat I had was a Ski Boat. Dad had a Fishing Boat. Girls liked riding in a Ski Boat a lot more.

Reactions: Hannie Caulder

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #468

·
Registered
902 Posts
Last time I worked in NJ I think it was in a place called Ship Sail or Ship Mast, or something like that. Does that sound familiar? Anyway, the beach there was beautiful and spotless.
Ship Bottom? Thats a town on LBI

·
Registered
4,277 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
Ship Bottom? Thats a town on LBI
Ship Bottom! Yes, that's the place. The beach there was wonderful.

But the water was cold. And of course they wanted water shots LOL.

Reactions: Tommy Gunz

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #473
Especially if they are COLD water shots!
We don't go completely in the water, because that would mess up our hair and makeup. Usually just ankle deep. The photographer uses a spray bottle to give us that wet look.

Reactions: pAZ Ron

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
Surf is definitely up today with that storm offshore.

upload_2020-8-2_12-12-5.png

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #476
Sunny 87°
Water temp 85°

Beautiful day for a swim.

upload_2020-8-8_11-10-18.png

Attachments

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Kids do the same thing here, no matter how far they head for the coast to catch a wave. I thought we were far enough away, not to hear about it. I just like to sit out on the porch and listen to the wind in the Pine Trees.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #478
Sun and clouds 90°.

upload_2020-8-15_12-9-47.png

461 - 480 of 558 Posts