close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Be thankful for Glocktalk and this forum

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SDBettas, Nov 24, 2003.

1. SDBettas

SDBettas

I posted some Chrono'd Mcnett type loads for my 10mm over on thehighroad.org and practically got ran out of town over it. I got a flurry of responses from people telling me that I'm going to kill myself and how can I publish such information etc. To make a long story short, they hassled me so much that I got pissed off and told a couple of them off and now they've deleted some of my posts. I'm posting this simply to let everyone know that not every board is as friendly and constructive as this one.

2. Peter M. Eick

Peter M. Eick

I watched you get it over there. Sorry it went that way but at times treading on the sacred .45 can get you in the dog house.

Like others have said "this to will pass" Let some time go by and don't harbor bad feelings.

3. MCNETT

MCNETT Load Developer Lifetime Member

Just looked at the thread over there, too bad its locked. ;e Some people keep ther head down and there eyes closed. I am pretty certain that this Wil from Cor-Bon hasn't pressure tested any 10mm 800X loads using the Beatooth Bullets. I think that he is blowing a lot of smoke. I know because I HAVE pressure tested every 10mm loading worth its salt. It is my job, and I can tell you that a lot of the 800X loads on this site are below 37,500psi. It's a .45 world out there, you are safe here!
    -Mike

4. jem375

jem375 NRA Life Member

Mike.......go over and lock horns with this Wil guy......tell him your pressure findings and challenge him to find out different....

5. SDBettas

SDBettas

After they claimed this Wil Terry guy is some kind of expert, I did a search for any posts with his name and couldn't find any original posts from him. Seems he is only capable of poo poo'ng other peoples posts. Is he from Cor-bon? I didn't know who he was, they only alluded to the fact that he was someone important. And did everyone see one of the responses from the guy that claims he can get better performance and more powder in his .40 S&W cases, than he can the 10mm.

6. Megastar 10

Megastar 10

The guy with more power from his .40 is Clark. He posts here too. While I can't vouch for him in person I believe him. He is an engineer and uses his spare time to blow up guns by carefully overloading them to insane levels. His .40 Glock has the feed ramp welded up and recut to give 100% support. The small primers in the .40 withstand high pressures better. He has done a lot of 9mm overload testing and 9x23 Winchester loadings too.

7. Peter M. Eick

Peter M. Eick

I will agree about Clark. That guy is truly amazing. I wish I had his "cohunas" and financial backing to go around blowing up guns and just seeing what they can do.

It is refreshing as a scientist to see someone document and then carefully test to extremes.

Would I do what Clark does? Heck no, but he gives me a lot of comfort in knowing what some guns can and cannot do.