GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife had previously ordered a pack of magnets from 2A4Life, so now she gets promotional emails from them. Last night, she got a Black Friday email ad from them and she was simply scrolling through the email on her phone and all of the sudden, the screen said Order Complete. As she was scrolling, there was a "Buy Now" button that she apparently touched as she scrolled. She didn't even know what she ordered by mistake until she looked closer and realized it was a safe. Upon receiving an order confirmation email a few seconds later, she immediately clicked the "Cancel Order" box on the email and it said that her order had been cancelled. This was all within 30 seconds of the initial scrolling error. She told me what had happened and I told her to also email them to make sure they actually cancelled the order since she did not receive any email confirming that her order was indeed cancelled. A few minutes ago, 18 hours later, she got a reply to her email stating that they cannot cancel the order as the item has already shipped and she would have to do a return once it arrives. WTH?

First of all, why do they still have her CC info on file after a single order? Second, what good was the Cancel Order button if it doesn't work and third, why the heck was there no "Are you Sure?" button when placing an order?

We now have to wait for the $100 safe to arrive and then try to get them to return it and pay the shipping both ways. Seems like 2A4Life made a terrible IT mistake to me that they should fix.

·
Mentally Frozen
25,793 Posts
Sometimes you have to delete your CC from the website and most will give you a box to check if you want them to keep it on file.

Reactions: FullClip

·
Native Mainiac
20,528 Posts
Yup....even with Amazon, a supposedly reputable company, ya' gotta be very careful with the mouse to make sure you don't sign up for Prime.

·
Mentally Frozen
25,793 Posts
Yup....even with Amazon, a supposedly reputable company, ya' gotta be very careful with the mouse to make sure you don't sign up for Prime.
That happened to me once. I cancelled right after I got the expedited shipping.

·
Mentally Frozen
25,793 Posts

·
Values. Can't be bought.
11,308 Posts
A few minutes ago, 18 hours later, she got a reply to her email stating that they cannot cancel the order as the item has already shipped and she would have to do a return once it arrives. WTH?
Ironically, the bulk of their BBB and other online complaints are for failure to ship, and lack of any response from customer service. They noted in response to complaints; Covid, etc. And yet you got a product shipped within 18 hours of a Thanksgiving night order. What are the odds?
If I were you I'd like to see the tracking history to see when it went out.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ironically, the bulk of their BBB and other online complaints are for failure to ship, and lack of any response from customer service. They noted in response to complaints; Covid, etc. And yet you got a product shipped within 18 hours of a Thanksgiving night order. What are the odds?
If I were you I'd like to see the tracking history to see when it went out.
Funny you say that because we still haven't gotten an email with a tracking number. I'm guessing it hasn't even shipped yet and they just don't want to cancel the order. The best part is that we have actually been thinking about getting a pistol safe. While my wife was scrollingthrough their promo email, she never even saw that it was a safe she mistakenly bought until after the fact. At this point, I would not keep it even if it was something we wanted just because of their poor response to the situation.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
11,308 Posts
Funny you say that because we still haven't gotten an email with a tracking number.
I assume the label will bear a tracking number when it arrives, and you can still look back to it's origination.
ETA-they just opened an Amazon store with no reviews. I bet you an be one of the first.

Reactions: JeffG78

·
Registered
12,467 Posts
Geez these stupid execs that think ideas like this are going to work need a beating.

Microsoft did the same thing but worse. My sister bought a 3 license subscription for office and I took one. Later, it expired and put up a thing to renew which I clicked by mistake because of the way they placed it. It charged her card. Scumbags.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts