Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BCBS sent out notices to submit information for a possible payout. They even claimed that my Dad, although passed for almost 4 years, could have a claim sent in by me as long as specific documents were submitted. I spent most of the morning finding the documents they requested.

It seems crazy but I will see what happens.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
12,576 Posts
Looks like the attorneys made out.

Plaintiffs allege that Settling Defendants violated antitrust laws by entering into an agreement not to compete with each other and to limit competition among themselves in selling health insurance and administrative services for health insurance.

A $2.67 billion Blue Cross Blue Shield settlement will provide financial and injunctive relief to certain consumers who were covered by the company’s health insurance or administrative services plans.

Class Members submitting a valid claim will receive a cash payment from the $1.9 billion remaining in the settlement fund after attorneys’ fees and other expenses are paid.

Blue Cross Blue Shield insures more than 106 million people, or 1 in 3 Americans, according to the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.

Reactions: mj9mm

·
Mr. Awesome
11,028 Posts
I got that email, too. How hard was getting everything done? It’s on my to-do list.

·
Registered
21,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got that email, too. How hard was getting everything done? It’s on my to-do list.
It took about as long on hold to find what documents they wanted compared to the actual time it took. They sent me a claim to fill out for myself as well but I don't think it will take 30 minutes if that to fill it out.

·
Descent Terminated
33,511 Posts
in other words the claimant's will get $5 each & the lawyers Millions
Cool .. My last 'class action' settlement was a check for a cool 25c ...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
κολασμένος
18,705 Posts
I got a whopping 17 cents from a Wells Fargo c/a settlement a few years ago. Somehow I think the lawyers did better.

·
Horselover Fat
34,502 Posts

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
up into Feb. i had this insurance for 30 years, wife has it until July when she turns 65. so why do i have to sign up for the law suit, they, the Insurance Company, know we have the Insurance, just send me a CHECK!... "F**ing Lawyers"!

·
Quick! Duck!
3,258 Posts
After spending a $100 worth of my time and failing to locate my various policy numbers, I gave up.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I got tuna once.

·
NRA Life Member
5,621 Posts
I wouldn't even cash any settlement check for less than $1. To me, that would be worth more to frame up on the wall and laugh at every day. I can't believe they pay more in postage to mail the damn check. Lol

·
Registered
17,402 Posts
I got a whopping 17 cents from a Wells Fargo c/a settlement a few years ago. Somehow I think the lawyers did better.
That’s what there are constant ads soliciting potential victims. Get a good list, the defendant settles, lawyers party, victims get essentially nothing. Too often the victims get cash off coupons on more defendant products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts