BBC kicked out of Indian tiger reserves

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Tvov, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Tvov

Tvov

This is interesting. Seems like different cultures and issues colliding here. What I have read about poachers in some of these places (especially Africa) is that they are ruthless and incredibly dangerous, so my first thought is of course the park rangers have a "shoot first" mind set. The main reason, from what little I know, that some of these endangered animal populations have recovered is because this type of enforcement. Of course there will be accidents / mistakes, hopefully they can figure this all out:

http://mashable.com/2017/02/28/bbc-banned-india-tiger-reserves-kaziranga/#0CcMQkTmM8qg

2. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

And how is this a bad thing?

OGW, BigBull 301 and MO Fugga like this.

3. Tvov

Tvov

I finally was able to watch the video in the link I posted, it is only about 7 minutes long.

Seems like a breathtakingly one-sided view of the issues involved.

Also, at one point the interviewer asks an Indian representative of the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) if he thought that donors would agree with the parks aggressive and deadly enforcement... the guy answered politically, but from what I've read - many, many "enviro wackos" are perfectly happy to see their money being used for lethal force in a national park.

I thought the responses from the Indian officials was pretty good, they didn't back down and answered the questions pretty directly.