close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Battlefield: Vietnam

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by AlB, Aug 18, 2004.

1. AlB

AlB

So, who here plays? If you haven't yet, it's worth the money. I've never played the single player missions, only online against other folks. Good game.

2. tgtshuter

tgtshuter Too Beaucoup

I play BFV. Like BF 1942, it seems made for online play, 'cause single player sucks.
    Playing online is a lot of fun for sure! But (like BF 1942), I quickly got tired of playing on pub servers.
    I joined a tournament that has organized battles every week. There is a U.S. side and a NVA side that's organized and has practices, etc. to prepare for the battles.
    It's free to join, and has a lot of players from various parts of the world.

To check it out, go to http://vietnamcombat.net/

3. AlB

AlB

I play in CAL ( http://www.caleague.com/?division=bfv ). It's pretty well organized with a match every week leading up to playoffs later in the season. Not sure how old you are but a few teams are made up of primarily adults. You can download a program called Xfire ( http://www.xfire.com/xf/index.php ). It lets you find other players online at the time and it's free. You can find me in Xfire as bbyfrash. Look me up sometime.

4. RF7126

RF7126

Maybe someone here can help me with this: Everytime I connect to BF Vietnam multiplayer, I can play for maybe 30 seconds and then I kicked. The message says something to the effect of "You have been kicked by Punkbuster for 0 minutes. Reason: System requirements insufficient." My connection is near perfect, my system can run it fairly well, I can't figure it out. Can anyone shed some light on this?

5. Tvov

Tvov

Your "ping" rate is good? Usually below 100?

On Medal of Honor, they are pretty quick to kick if your ping goes above 100, although they give you a warning (not that you can do anything about it). The ping rates can change a lot, especially with DSL.

Do you have any idea, when they say "system requirements", if that is your computer, or the server? Maybe the server just fills up, and they kick by seniority (or lack thereof).

Try to find some BF Vietnam forums, they might be able to help out.

I have no idea if this helped you at all! :)

6. Tvov

Tvov

Regarding "Punkbuster", it is brought up on the "America's Army" thread. Something about a download to fix minor problems.

7. RF7126

RF7126

Thanks for the link, I found something that I believe is the problem. Turns out Punkbuster periodically disconnects when routed through my campus's network. Thanks for the response.