Battlefield 2 demo is out

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by Tvov, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Tvov

Tvov

Battlefield 2 demo just became available on Gamespot, and a couple other sites. The downloading may be delayed because of heavy use. I took a look, and the download screen said due to the size, it could take 10+ hours with my DSL!!

I'll see about setting it up to download before I go to bed tonight.

2. -=DFOX=-

-=DFOX=- Border Bandit

I got it on the first day, also did the preorder awhile back. Its a badass game, lots of buttons to learn, but very fun.

3. Rasco

Rasco Swollen Member

I didn't like it. It seemed too much like BF1942 or BFV.

Where's the innovation?
    The graphics still seem so plain. Nothing fancy.

I found it to be a frustrating game. Not enough people on the ground. Too many people flying jets, choppers or in tanks.

It's too vehicle based. Not enough ground combat.

That's my $0.02

4. Tvov

Tvov

I have not had a chance to download it yet. My understanding is that BF2 (the whole game) will NOT have CTF (capture the flag) ?!?!? I don't understand that at all. When you check the online servers for the various Battlefield games, easily 75% are playing CTF. This may just be an internet rumor (I hope!).

Well, I just read Gamespot's review, and they love the game. Especially the commander/squad system. And the fact that the game has a built-in voice chat system, which should be interesting for me as I've never used any teamspeak-like system. According to them the only game type is conquest.

I am sure I will buy it, but not before bumping up my RAM to 1g, as everyone says it will be necessary. It looks like my graphics card should work fine (ATI Radion 9600Pro, 256).

5. -=DFOX=-

-=DFOX=- Border Bandit

I dont know, theres only 4 jets and two attack choppers in the demo, and a ton of people on the ground. Try the commander role, then you will see how many people are sneaking up on you :) its great.

6. Rasco

Rasco Swollen Member

I tried it again, I was even more disappointed.

It's just not fun.

The guns don't sound powerful. They all sound like .22s.
    In the demo, I climbed the tower and sniped a few people, but it wasn't even fun.

I started off on Battlefield, then I went to Counter Strike Source, now I can't go back.

I think I'm done with the Battlefield franchise. Until they can make it look, sound and feel better.