bath tub refinishing

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by joe sacco, Feb 16, 2017.

1. joe sacco

joe sacco

Folks, does anyone have experience with Miracle Method bath tub refinishing? They spray a new finish onto the old tub. Any help would be appreciated. Particularly,: how bad are the fumes etc. Thanks, Joe

2. Cmacc

Cmacc

Fumes? I don't know the guy did the work while we were away at work and school.

We did one 20 years ago. Tub, stool, and sink were a taupe color. Everything was gutted and replaced except the tub which was refinished white.

We moved from that house 2 years ago but it had held up well. We were just about to the point of having it re-done as it seemed the finish had thinned out on the bottom surface of the tub.

I'd do it again versus pulling it all out if it was a good cast iron tub I wanted to keep but was just an off color.

3. kiole

kiole

I'd rather pull it out and redo everything with the newest waterproofing technologies. That's assuming this is a tub and shower. If it's a nice old cast iron tub I'd probably refinish it and redo the tub surround.

If it's a junk cast iron Or acrylic/fiberglass I'd probably save up until I could replace it all.

4. RustyL

RustyL

We had the tubs in our old house done. The fumes last a couple of days, the smell not too bad. They can make the slip proof as well. I think they sprinkled some sand in the bottom, dunno. The price was reasonable.

5. Jose Meyer

Jose Meyer

Hi there,
    My friend has just remodeled his bathroom by installing the new attractive looking walk in bathtub. He has been looking for the professionals for a long time and finally came in contact with Independent home. They gave him his bathtub refinishing and also helped a lot in installing the new trend bathtub. I am very much impressed by the latest technology embedded in the bathtub like hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, air-jets which literally gives a spa-like environment. I am surely gonna renovate my bathroom too by consulting Walk in tubs Scottsdale professionals, because I also want to make my bath health beneficial. you can also consult them if you aren't getting any help from others. You will surely like their work.