BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Dalton Wayne, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas

There is no law to prevent private sales without a license, police issue “direction” on orders of Feds
    Steve Watson
    Infowars.net
    Monday, Jan 18, 2010
    [​IMG]The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is actively issuing directions banning private sales of guns without licenses at gun shows in Texas, despite there being no law to justify such demands.
    A caller to the Alex Jones show brought attention to BATF notices handed out at the entrance of theTexas Gun And Knife Show, on North Lamaar, in Austin this past weekend.
    The flyers (pictured below) state that anyone selling a firearm “will be asked to comply with” conditions including operating through a licensed FFL dealer.
    The notice also states that “Selling firearms in the parking lot will not be permitted.”
    “The lady at the front desk used her ‘mommy voice’ to get everyone’s attention.” Scott from Austin told The Alex Jones show, noting that the owners of the private building where the gun show was held were contacted by the APD and the BATF and directed to hand out the notices.
    Scott also told listeners that a petition in protest of the directions was being handed around at the show.
    [​IMG]
    Other attendees posted the flyer on web forums. One poster noted:
    “Here is a public notice from a gun show in Austin, Texas this weekend. Do any fellow Texans know of any law changes that took effect recently that make person-to-person gun sales illegal? Has anyone else seen similar notices?”
    “It was not handed out in the parking lot, it was posted at the entrance of the venue.” The forum user writes.
    “I spoke with the man who runs the gun show and he said he was told on Thursday to post this (the gun show was Saturday and Sunday). Of course, the owner of the venue has the right to prohibit almost anything he wants on his property, but that’s not what this notice says. It says ‘at the direction of the Austin Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms’ and that’s what bothers me.”
    <!--end--> <!--start-->
    The direction &#8220;asks&#8221; visitors to comply with its demands precisely because there is no law or regulation against private gun sales.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

3. BEER

BEER bad example

that's some mighty funny lookin toilet paper. but it was free so i guess a beggar can't *****.

4. gatorhugger

gatorhugger

Sounds like the ATF is trying to make it's own laws.
    Wouldn't be the first time. And it's wrong, it will be either ignored
    or challenged.
    Either change the law or leave the people alone.

That said, I would like Gun show private sales a bit more regulated. In Florida as probably Texas, there are guns being sold out of trunks, no bill of sales, no ID, not NOTHING.
    It's the place to go if you want a gun and are an illegal, underage, a gang banger, or a Felon.
    I hate most firearm laws, but I also being hate shot by some illegal street king banger in baggy pants who just bought 6 Glocks for cash 30 minutes after exiting prison.

5. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Because more laws will fix that.

6. BEER

BEER bad example

yeah that'll fix it.

7. GAU-8

GAU-8

Well once they ban private sales I guess you will feel better when you are shot by some illegal street king banger in baggy pants who just killed two people in a home invasion so he could steal their guns and shoot you with them.

They are called criminals for a reason. I would suggest you think this over a bit more.

8. mnglocker

mnglocker Rope Czar

Alex Jones is not known as a reliable source.

9. Mikey.Dunn

Mikey.Dunn

nice trigger discipline, Perry.

10. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

The ATF wants records of who has firearms. They don't like private sales. When the time comes for a ban, they want to know who has what. Private sales prevent this.

I don't like where this is going.

11. varget

varget

This is a VERY slippery slope. Nothing good has ever come from this kind of heavy-handed gov't policy....................

12. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

"Selling of firarms in parking lot will not be permitted" - so they do the deal in front of the building. I've done several like that. I stand by the door looking at folks bringing firearms to sell or trade. Make them an offer before they go in.

13. UrbanCowboy

UrbanCowboy Koch Addict

Ending private gun sales at shows would do nothing in preventing guns being used in crimes. Anyone that thinks that a criminal cannot get their hands on a firearm just as easily on the street as they can at a gun show is living in another world. There are already too many guns on the streets to stop them being used in crimes. Regulating gun shows would be a waste a time as far as crime is concerned. If this happens in Texas then it's going to start happening in all the other gun friendly states. Once that happens I believe there will be a negative snowball effect for gun owners. All the BATF wants is to know who has what and where to go get them if some crazy gun ban/confiscation law ever comes into effect. It's a good thing i'm selling all of my guns tomorrow befrore they can be taken from me. :whistling:

14. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

I think in this case, that's considered the same thing.

15. silentpoet

silentpoet

If I were in congress or the senate I would vote to defund the ATF. Bull**** like this is why we should be marching on Washington with torchs, pitchforks, and stout rope.

16. Glock-it-to-me

The sidewalk is not the parking lot. It's THEIR wording. There is also no law against such sales.
    It also does not address the trading of any weapons.:whistling:

17. Glock-it-to-me

I guess if all the FFL dealers refused to do any transfers, it's back to the parking lot.

18. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

I wonder if NYC mayor Michael Bloomberg isnt running the ATF??!! Several months ago he sent several undercover "agents" to a gunshow in Dayton, Ohio to see if they could "persuade" the dealers of private collections to either..
    1. sell to them if they admitted they "werent allowed to own a firearm"
    2. Admitted they were from out of state

Allowing this kind of behavior from our elected officials or agencies should be a 0 tolerance policy by ALL of us! They need to be called out and made to answer for what amounts to no more than treading on the very constitution they were elected to defend! What would Thomas Jefferson do??

19. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Why Texas and no other states? This has the Austin police dpt. written all over it.

20. bithabus

bithabus

Guess I'll never go to that gun show again. This is crazy.