close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BATF agent wants to see my guns???

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by vtducrider, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellolab

yellolab

Can't speak for the entire population here, but I've lived in Vermont most of my life, live less than 20 miles from Canada, purchased multiple guns quite a few times, and have never had any contact from anyone regarding my guns.

Kevin

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. BearSpecter

BearSpecter

Man this stuff is scary. I don't reckon I'll be selling another firearm any time soon....if ever. Unless I get an FFL or something. I didn't realize the laws were so open to interpretation.

If you can get in trouble for selling guns than it should say somewhere how many.

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I am not sure why you just didn't do like Michelle and show him your guns?? Did he really warrant for that?

[​IMG]

-Dana

4. ustate

ustate NRA Member

I'm LEO and luckily I don't need a warrant to do any searches, if I want to search someone/something I can just do it...I work in a prison. But if I were LEO of some sort outside a prison and heading to someone's house to search something I don't think I'd even go and ask, I'd have a warrant (or at least try and get one) before going.

5. KCHawg

KCHawg

Just wondering....

6. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

Some people are just born to be arseholes...that's just the way they are...from your post, I think you fall in that category.

In my experiences, good-people, (law abiding citizens) support law enforcement in their efforts to enforce the law and realize that Law Enforcement serves a purpose for the common good, whether or not it might inconvenience them a little and in general, cooperate with LE requests.. Just like the cop stopping me for doing 5-over the speed limit..for a moment, I might be a little irritated...and wonder if he had something better to do. But, I know better, and I know that speed limits were set for a reason, and without speed limits, we'd have a whole lot more deaths on the hwy.. So I just answer yes, yes, here you go license and registration and have a nice day.

Those that don't cooperate, have an axe to grind, a guilty conscience or have read the Turner Diaries too many times and believe the govt is conspiring to take their guns away..

Really petty, childish, paranoid comments in this thread, alluding to Ruby Ridge and the Branch Davidian debacle as examples that the BATF and LEO's in general are "the bad guys"..

In contrast, LEO's are THE GOOD GUYS, and it's your right to not-cooperate, but I don't understand why so many take this stance, other than just to be jerks and prove an ill-formed personal point.

I'm not with the BATF, but have friends who are, who are simply regular good guys and gals, the kind you'd go out to dinner with, ride to the river with etc.. They are not mean spirited, not on power-trips, they just got hired by that particular alphabet-soup agency vice another one, and that agency's mission happens to be to enforce laws relating to alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives.. They're just doing a job..

No matter my profession, when an LEO asks me a question, I answer truthfully, and cooperate to the best of my ability, whether it's the traffic cop who stops me for speeding, or whatever the inquiry may be.

I have nothing to hide, and will freely provide the truth when asked a question, not try to be evasive or uncooperative. In my line of work, it's ok to make a mistake or have an error in judgement (everyone does) but you never lie about it, try to be evasive etc.. Your honesty and integrity and reputation will follow you through your career.

Some of you on here are so paranoid and anti-govt, you think it is your personal mission to be uncooperative jerks, just to prove a point.

That's okay....do your thing, be a jerk, refuse to answer any questions, lawyer up...I AGREE...it's your right after all...

What I don't believe is that taking that stance will benefit you in any way.

:upeyes:

I will not respond to any more jack-booted-thug, opressive govt, cop bashing BS comments anymore in this thread, so feel free to continue your rants without me..

7. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

You argument is based upon a fallacy.

How do you explain this:

[​IMG]

http://www.mrtraffic.com/worlddrivers.html

Somehow the death rate is lower (15.71/100k vehicles) where that sign exists than in the USA (19.97/100k vehicles).

I am failing to follow how you say without the speed limist there would be alot more deaths. Data simply doesn't prove it.

-Dana

8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

You might be better suited for another line of work.

9. Bruce M

Bruce M

In your opinion. I wonder how his peers and supervisors rate his work?

10. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

In those countries, what percentage of the population drives? What are the requirements to get a license?

11. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Everyone I know in Germany over the age of 18 drives. About the same as here.

What are the requirements? Does it matter? The premise was high speeds result in more deaths. Are you trying to chaneg the argument that better drivers result in fewer deaths?

If speed is what causes deaths, then it shouldn't matter.

It is similar to all my Swiss friends have Sig Stgw90 machine guns (yes full autos) in their houses and yet there is no blood running in the street. You also see guys in the train station with STgw90s strapped on their backs that are in civilian clothes and yet the train stations aren't battlegrounds. Why is that?

-Dana

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  12. Bruce M

Bruce M

Hmmm I wonder if how homogenous a society is plays into any of this.

13. expatman

expatman

LAWDOGKMS,

Why am I considered uncooperative if I say I would rather you get a warrant? You said it yourself. It is my right to refuse unless you have a warrant. I am not going to call anybody an "arsehole" or anything. I am just going to say something like...."I would be happy to help you out Agent so and so. Please bring a warrant and you can look at all the weapons you would like."

So what is the problem? No name calling. Just a smiling face and a cooperative attitude. Why do you have trouble with this? I am just a citizen trying to exercise the rights so many men in history have fought and died to protect.

14. KCHawg

KCHawg

Choosing to exercise my constitutional rights is being an arsehole?

15. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would say not evoking your constitutional rights is an insult to all those who have fought and died for this country. It is also shows strong disregard for those in the future who may need those rights - a right not used is a right lost. ...now where did I put that tinfoil hat?

16. WarCry

WarCry

Are you implying that JUST because you're exercising a right EXEMPTS you from being an a-hole???

Because there's a whole group out at a church in Kansas that are only exercising their rights - as upheld recently in the Supreme Court - and that doesn't make them any LESS assholish.

17. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

Ohh..ok..I'll look into it..:upeyes:

Hey, let me fix your screenname and signature line for you:

certifiedfunds
    " Moron" :tongueout:"

18. expatman

expatman

Does anyone besides me think that the name calling should stop?

19. Glocksanity

Glocksanity

It's called freedom. Some people like it.

Just got hired? :rofl: Nope. They applied for the job because they wanted to get into that line of business. Sorry, but not all LEO are the good guys. And not all laws are just. So make the cops and alphabet agencies work for everything they want. It's the way the Founding Fathers would have wanted it. Eternal vigilance and all. Ever hear of that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.