GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I for one, have said this for years.

Now I see other people have started catching up with my idea. Roger Simon the CEO op PJ Media, novelist and Academy Award winning screenwriter is saying the same thing: disband the FBI.

Why is it necessary to take this action some may say it would be too radical, instead of only replacing the FBI's corrupt upper management?

Because the newest batch of documents released in the Flynn case contradict the narrative that only the FBI bosses were corrupt and the rank and file agents were good loyal men and women, just doing their jobs, and they never knew what their superiors were doing.

On the contrary, they knew. And none of them had the integrity and courage to fighting back and blow the whistle. Not a single one.

In fact, they were talking amongst themselves how to purchase professional liability insurance in case what the illegalities they were asked to do become public and they would get sued.

Think about that: professional liability insurance for government employees being accomplices to Federal crimes, like framing an innocent Army General, lying to FISA judges, committing treason against a dully elected President and overturning the result of a free election.

It's mind blowing.

The FBI is not salvageable. Trump needs to dismantle this nest of traitors, cowards and moochers after the election, and make the US Marshals take over the FBI's role.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/basta-time-to-dismantle-the-fbi_3515377.html

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I agree in principle. I don't think it is practical. In my mind the solution is to let due process hold accountable the criminals and make the consequences and risk untenable for future traitors. Pipe dream I know.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Back when Mr. Hoover headed the FBI, the field agents kept time sheets. Mr. Hoover liked to testify at funding hearings about the overtime his agents would put in. An old agent told me years ago that the agents knew this and would phony time sheets -like taking in a movie and reporting surveillance.

LA had a police chief come from NY City. He went back. He wanted crime reduced. So, it was reduced. The LA Times ran series of articles on how LAPD downgraded charges while the guy was chief.

On paper, the FBI command structure is good, the manuals are good, the Inspector General set up is good. Just that systems fail.

I don't know how you correct the situation. The courage just isn't there.

·
A swamp dude
10,925 Posts
I agree in principle. I don't think it is practical. In my mind the solution is to let due process hold accountable the criminals and make the consequences and risk untenable for future traitors. Pipe dream I know.
I tend to agree with you. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

When there’s corruption at the top there will always be some number of minions who fall in line to do the dirty work. It’s true of every powerful organization.

The FBI needs strong, patriotic leaders who choose and inspire their cadre to build a strong organization of patriotic agents.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
The FBI Director was nominated by President Trump and was confirmed HUGE by the Senate.

Since Wray is not being a lapdog for Trump, now there is a problem?

·
1911 lover
10,134 Posts
I agree that the fbi is too spoiled to try to keep. Its really sad. The bad fruit is all thru the basket ... not just at the top. The political hatred for trump has brought out the illegal political nature of 95 percent of government.

Teachers unions are bad
School boards all corrupt
Local law enforcement too much political.
Military infested with leftie hatred.
Nsa and state dept all leftie hacks .

Dont know about the secret service. But batf and anyone in the justice dept should be fired right now.

·
Come on man!!
14,364 Posts
It's not like the FBI hasn't had yuuuuge scandals in the past. Just look at J. Edgar.

You can dismantle it and put a shiny new agency in its place but the simple truth is as long as human beings are involved, it will become just as corrupt.

·
A swamp dude
10,925 Posts
I agree that the fbi is too spoiled to try to keep. Its really sad. The bad fruit is all thru the basket ... not just at the top. The political hatred for trump has brought out the illegal political nature of 95 percent of government.

Teachers unions are bad
School boards all corrupt
Local law enforcement too much political.
Military infested with leftie hatred.
Nsa and state dept all leftie hacks .

Dont know about the secret service. But batf and anyone in the justice dept should be fired right now.
Sounds a lot like wanting to defund the police! I don’t get this sudden turn against the entire FBI organization, and it feels dangerous to me.

·
A swamp dude
10,925 Posts
As DaleGribble posted, as long as there are humans involved, the FBI or any other organization you replace it with will be just as if not more corrupt in short order.
There are kick-ass leaders who could reform the FBI. It will never be perfect, but most bad apples in key positions can be located and discarded.

Reactions: CAcop and Trebore

·
Registered
511 Posts
When I was n the police academy in 73 we were told never to trust the Feds Well those words were true then and now. Now I had friends that were feds. But never trusted completly

·
Registered
910 Posts
The FBI Director was nominated by President Trump and was confirmed HUGE by the Senate.

Since Wray is not being a lapdog for Trump, now there is a problem?
There has been a problem for awhile. Just about every major case has been screwed up in past 3 decades:

Ruby Ridge
Waco
Hansen investigation
Ames investigation
Atlanta Olympic bombing
Madrid Train Bombing
Fort Hood
ACS Contract
Dylan Roof
Noor Salman
Curtis Culwell Center attack
Daniella Green
Russiagate
etc

Never mind the dozens of smaller embarrassments, crashed Ferrari, Denver breakdancer, Texas gun runner, etc.

I do not think disbanding it is the answer, but breaking it up into smaller more manageable pieces probably is.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts