close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Basset Hounds

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by wannabecopper, Mar 18, 2006.

1. wannabecopper

wannabecopper

any basset owners out there??

2. 9jeeps

9jeeps

Sort of....Charley has been coming around here looking in the sliding door for some months now waiting for his dog bone or fridge scraps. He seems to belong to the neighborhood with a 2 mile circuit up and down the road. Neighbors two houses up go on long walks and Charley worked his way into their hearts when the cold weather began last fall so he has his place on their couch every night. But when he's let out every morning he is on his way to beg food or a scratch from every one as we all know him.

No one knows his ownership nor claims him. So we all look after him and keep him fed and yes he has lots of friends and is almost overweight.

He won't come in our house since he and the cat discovered each other.

But when I'm out in my shop I can always be surprised by a visit. We all decided to call him Charley last summer.

He's a great guy but we all fear he will get hit on the county road one day as he takes his half out of the middle. And there is no coaxing him out. If you call to him he will sit down and wait for you to come and give him a scratch. Go figure????;P

3. Glockinstine

Glockinstine

I have a Bassett,(barney). He is 14 1/2 years old now and starting slip.