close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Bass Pro Shops ammo deal

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Ghost Shooter, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Ghost Shooter

Ghost Shooter Who? Me?

Guys, just to let you know, the ones of you that are fortunate enough to have a Bass Pro Shops in town, their Winchester Q3131A is on sale: $2.88/box of 20. The Winchester Q4172 9mm 115gr FMJ is also on sale: $5.88/box of 50.

Ghost

2. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

The 9mm is just a tad more than Wal Mart's Winchester value pack. Doesn't Bass Pro usually have a better sale, something like $3.88 a box for 9mm?

3. jhfenton

jhfenton Evil Marathoner

Their sale two months ago was for $3.88/50 Win USA 115gr FMJ. They ran out in a hurry here, but I got a raincheck for the max 25 boxes. It was finally in for me to pick it up last weekend. I can't wait for that sale to come around again. :)

4. Meggacatz

Meggacatz PROUD DADDY!!!!

YUP - BassPro did it like 2 months ago for $3.88/box of 50. I had to get a rain check but I picked up mine yesterday in Orlando. BassPro limits you to 10 cases and a case is 500 rounds (not 1000 like I thought). Either way it was cheap.

5. Ghost Shooter

Ghost Shooter Who? Me?

Actually what had caught my eye was the Win Q3131A 5.56 ammo. It usually runs ~$4/box around here, ~$3.50/box if ordered in a case, so $2.88/box is a honking deal. The gun counter dude told me that the limit was 10 boxes though. However!!! I picked out the youngest, least gun-savvy cashier to check out, and casually asked what the limit was, and she said, "1 case"...cha ching!! I took the first 10 boxes to my car, then proceeded to grab another case, and check out at the same cashier. Sweet!

Ghost

6. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Wish they had them up here. Then again maybe I would have to find more room to store ammo.

7. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

I remember somebody said they run the 9mm sale twice a year, anybody know when? Obviously once around May.

I just bought a 19 and need to stock up. :)

8. whiskerz

whiskerz

I abused the Bass pro sale last time at $3.88 a box I brought my GF and we bought over 6k rounds . ;f Gotta feed an Uzi ;f ;f ;f ;f also in atlanta Gaylans does price match plus 10% of the difference off for an even better deal.

9. jhfenton

jhfenton Evil Marathoner

I'm jealous. Our Bass Pro store posted a 25 box (2 1/2 case) limit. So I got 1,250 rounds. Next time, I'll show up with my wife to get 5 cases (2,500 rounds). Maybe I'll even drag along a few friends. :)