close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Barska Binoculars

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by pcsheriff1, Apr 5, 2010.

1. pcsheriff1

pcsheriff1

Anybody use these. They are super cheap and some are extremely high powered. I have read good and bad reviews and would love some input before I drop the cash on a set. I'm looking specifically at the high powered gladiator series. Thanks for any input.

2. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

3. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Never seen or used the brand you mentioned, and they might be great for all I know, but one thing I do know is this:

Of all the qualities that can be built into a telescope, rifle scope, or any other optical device, magnification factor is the cheapest thing to build in. In most cases you'll be able to see better by buying a device with less magnification, but better resolution - which can only be had with higher quality lenses. High magnification can be easily achieved even with such low quality lenses that all you'll see is a blur, even though the "9 Zillion X" magnification claim is technically true. But what good is "9 Zillion X" when it's all just a blur?

If the manufacturer is only bragging about high magnification and not much else, watch out. Especially with lower priced devices. Such products are designed to dupe people into paying too much for junk that was built shockingly cheap, and they succeed at it.

4. stopatrain

stopatrain Lifetime Member

Spend a little more. Nikon makes pretty good Binoculars for the money.

5. Taroman

Taroman US Army Retired

Sharp
    Cheap
    Durable

Pick any two.