close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Barrel scoring on Glock 23 C

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by KevinM, Jan 12, 2003.

1. KevinM

KevinM

Does anyone else see scoring of the top flat outer surface of the barrel on their Glock 23 C (see attached pic).

The cause is the slide's inner top surface rubbing across the top of the barrel.

The interference points are the rear radius of the two compensations ports on the slide.

Kevin

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Yes, it's showing up on my new-to-me (used) G32C.

When I investigated the cause, I noticed it's not really the edge of the slide ports, it's where the edge of the slide ports intersect a shallow milling cut that runs down the center of the slide. It forms two sharp corners where it passes the slide port cuts, and THAT is what is dragging on the barrel hood.

None of my other (non-ported) Glocks has this shallow center milled cut on the inside of the top of the slide. I can't really see any reason for it's existence, but maybe it is some sort of "dirt slot" to prevent crud/fouling from building-up between the barrel and slide (due to the porting) and interfering with operation.

In any case, it IS annoying; I've been considering a gentle rounding of the offending edges, but the damage is already done, and I doubt it will get much worse.

3. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

Once the line is there it wont get any worse.
    I have a small amount of this on my G31.

Think of it like the famous glock slide peening.
    It dosent hurt the operation of the gun but it makes it look like it has been used;)
    Just tell em it was from some of your nuke handloads;);P ;) J/K

4. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

5. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Actually, mine are a shaped a bit differently than yours (see below). They're not really as bad as they look in the pic; I deliberately overexposed them with reflected light to make them stand out. Why are yours curved? Is your barrel hood actually touching the curved area of the slide ports?

Hmmm...

6. pokey074

pokey074 The F.O. Man

strange. out of 4 personally owned Glocks, and untold police issue Glocks, i've never seen anything like that.