Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one of these rifles a year or so back. I'm trying to find out who made this barrel.

Barrel Dia front .738
Barrel Dia rear .750
"556 NATO 1/7 C P" Stamped on the barrel behind the flash hider, on the bottom of the barrel.

Hand guard is 6 5/8".

Anyone know who made this barrel? This rifle is very accurate, and operates very smoothly. but a little heavy.

Thanks, Guys.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That’s a Colt manufactured barrel. I’m not exactly sure what the P by itself stands for, but given that’s the area for manufacturing info, I’d take an educated guess it means parkerized.

Examples
C MP CHROME BORE Colt Magnafluxed with a chrome lined bore
C MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 HBAR Colt Magnafluxed, in 5.56 NATO, 1 in 9 twist, with a HBAR profile

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting, vitalibertas.

The P is not stamped on the barrel. It looks like it was blued on the barrel, and then blued over again. It is noticeable, though. My idiocy.

·
Premium Member
42,134 Posts
I got one of these rifles a year or so back. I'm trying to find out who made this barrel.

Barrel Dia front .738
Barrel Dia rear .750
"556 NATO 1/7 C P" Stamped on the barrel behind the flash hider, on the bottom of the barrel.

Hand guard is 6 5/8".

Anyone know who made this barrel? This rifle is very accurate, and operates very smoothly. but a little heavy.

Thanks, Guys.

Sounds like you have a non chrome lined Colt Competition barrel

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a heavy barrel. I just got a rear sight and for around the house it is all I want.

I don't care for chromed barrels. I have seen some bad looking chromed bores.

Thanks for the info, faawrenchbndr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts