close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Barrel markings on US Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by REA9mm, Jan 20, 2010.

1. REA9mm

REA9mm get ready

I apologize in advance if this has been covered before. I did try searching.

My 3rd gen. G19 appears to have been assembled in GA. It has all the standard serial numbers, but none of the Austrian markings. There is however, 1 number and 1 symbol to the right of the Glock logo on the barrel. I was not sure of the meaning of this and I figured you astute observers of all things Glock would be able to school this newbie.

TIA

2. dday27

dday27

Every G19 I own have the # 1 on them, Don't know what its there for, Wait for Butch to chime in, He's the Glock Guru

3. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I believe the 1 barrels are so marked because of the chamfer on the hood

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Yup, the 1 was added to the G19 barrels when the bevel was added (apparently to alter the amount of time/movement it takes to lock/unlock the breech during cycling).

I suppose it's just easier to see (look for) the 1 than it is to see the bevel.....wouldn't want to put the wrong barrel in a given gun.

5. REA9mm

REA9mm get ready

Ok, so to the right I have the # 1 and a pentagon symbol. I take it from your responses this is perfectly normal on the G19. I was just curious if these marking differed from gun to gun, or if they were specific to the model.

And again, please forgive my newness. But the bevel you refer to would be the tapering down on top of the barrel just to the right of the 9x19 markings? Mine is all scratched up, which I assumed was normal due to it rubbing against the slide.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  6. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Correct! As far as I know, all current production G19's have the 1 on the barrel.....and the bevel.

7. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

With gun in hand(pointing away:whistling:)looking at top-the bevel is where the barrel(chamber)meets the slide towards the front
    I've seen them both ways-both versions work the same as far as I can tell
    As far as scratches,normally there are 2 spots worn shiny on either side in the same area as your bevel even after MAAAAAANY rounds
    I would check the slide for grit or burrs
    Do a search on barrel markings,there are some great pics somewhere