Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Pretty rifle.

How do you store it in your safe? I have an unfired rifle in my safe also. Currently it’s just in there. I bought a silicone sock but haven’t put it on yet.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Dig that straight pistol grip and the way the bolt looks like the centerfire rifle. I'd probably have to shoot it though. That reminds me I need to take my SA-22 to the range next time for some plinking.

·
Native Mainiac
29,085 Posts
Pretty rifle.

How do you store it in your safe? I have an unfired rifle in my safe also. Currently it’s just in there. I bought a silicone sock but haven’t put it on yet.
If you like the rifle sock it up...helps stop the gnomes that get into the safe and put little dings and scratches on the gun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pretty rifle.

Nothing much, it just sits by itself. I am more concerned about the room/safe temperature and humidity. Area room I try to keep at 68 deg.. Humidity I use 35% as my benchmark. I do put some of the socks on a few things. The ones I have are home made.
Dave..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can always shoot it without dragging it through the brush. I doubt some casual use will tarnish the value much. Just clean it when done.
I keep telling myself that but it always gets put back away. Also there is the fact that all those I used to shoot with have passed on. Me taking it out by myself just doesn't seem like that much enjoyment to me. I always did enjoy seeing others shoot some of my nicer firearms. That's just me I guess.
Dave.

·
Registered
15,950 Posts
I keep telling myself that but it always gets put back away. Also there is the fact that all those I used to shoot with have passed on. Me taking it out by myself just doesn't seem like that much enjoyment to me. I always did enjoy seeing others shoot some of my nicer firearms. That's just me I guess.
Dave.
Yup to each their own..when i said i couldnt imagine having it and not using it, thats just me, not a bash on you...I cant comprehend having a gun I dont use and shoot..others collect its just their thing what ever works for each individual is my thoughts on it.

·
21,150 Posts
Here is an unfired BAR in .22cal. I picked up in my youth many.. many.. years ago. Forget what grade it is at the moment. Every time I think I want to shoot it I just wind up taking it back to the vault.

View attachment 1006163 View attachment 1006164 View attachment 1006166 View attachment 1006167
That's a beautiful gun but it's true beauty can not be fully appreciated unless you shoot it. Either shoot it, or sell it to someone who will pay a premium price for it because it's "Unfired", and the take the money you get for it and buy some gold coins. Gold coins are perfect for keeping in a safe and taking them out occasionally to admire their beauty but guns are for shooting.

And if you don't have anybody to go shooting with, make some friends your local shooting range.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
IMO it’d be a shame to not shoot that rifle. But on the other hand, I see why you’d want to keep it as pristine as possible.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts