close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Banks ?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TSAX, Apr 18, 2012.

1. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Wells Fargo has taken really good care of me especially when I had a problem with a company. Long story short they refunded my money on a purchase that I was screwed on. It got me thinking how bad Chase is/was when I was with them.

Anyone one else have a bank they are happy with or won't deal with.

:50cal:

2. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

This is the first positive story I've ever heard about Wells Fargo. Really. HH

<< Loved the local bank until Wells Fargo bought it out nineteen years later. I withdrew faster than thinking the condom just broke...

3. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

I no longer trust banks.

4. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I used to bank at commerce but after a bit of a truck loan fiasco I withdraw ed my money, got a new loan with the local credit union and paid the bank off. I've been with the credit union for about four years now and couldn't be happier.

From my experience the credit union seems to have better rates anyway.

5. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

I have never lost a dime when someone used my CC# with Wells Fargo.

My only beef with them is that when there was suspicious activity on my card, they froze it without letting me know. Fortunately, the clerk in the store let me know when I tried to buy something.

6. John43

John43

Wells Fargo transferred money from my account to another customer with a different last name. They cleaned the account out. They replaced it all, but still had some checks bounce and we had to open a new account with them. We don't have them anymore. We never did find out what happened but I think it was internal.

7. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

I've been with Chase, as my primary bank, through this progression - Team Bank, Bank One now absorbed by Chase.

I'm very happy.

8. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Among the horrors I could share about Wells Fargo, the one that put the icing on the cake was being told our new Wells Fargo ATM cards would work just fine in Europe. What the new account rep. didn't know was at the time, there was a form to fill out stateside first. Being completely out of cash in Zagreb was far from pleasant, but the US consulate directed us to an American owned & staffed company that let us use their internet,phones and faxes and found us a place to stay. HH

9. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Oh the suck is nearly complete on that one. Did you consider seeing that guy upon your return and burning a stack of the omitted forms on his desk?

10. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

One of my lifetime dreams has always been to create an international incident. In this case, she had been replaced by the time we got back, and that was the end of Wells Fargo's short tenure with us. HH

11. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Ive heard bad things about Wells before so I was hesitant to use them but so far so good. I guess its like insurance policies everybody has good and bad to say about each one.

:50cal:

12. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Wells Fargo hasn't done me wrong yet.

Home Savings on the other hand.....:steamed:

13. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

My friends have nothing but problems with Wells Fargo, hence the reason they all left. I've always been with US Bank and haven't had any problems whatsoever.

14. Adjuster

Adjuster

I love Wells Fargo. Never a problem. I have several accounts with them. Checking, savings, credit and money market.

/

15. Caver 60

Caver 60

One of my accounts is with Wells Fargo, because they bought out another bank I had been with for years. Don't use them much, but about three years ago I got a call from them about a credit card.

They asked if I had made a $1.98 charge on such a day. I said no. They then asked about a several hundred dollar charge. Again I said no. Seems somebody had got hold of the number and was trying to use the card.

They closed the account, and sent me new cards. Didn't cost me a penny.

So I can't really complain, except I've heard some of their branches are posted no guns. Don't know if that's true since we don't have one around here, and I don't do any face to face business with them. If I knew for sure about the no guns thing, I'd probably just close the account.