close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Band of Glockers???

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by MBR, Dec 1, 2003.

1. MBR

MBR

Respectfuly, this seems wrong to me. Are we not all a band of glockers? Why do we need to divide into Racial/Ethnic Groups here on GT.

Do we also need a "Band of White Glockers", No

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

3. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

MBR, lighten up a little, man. That forum was started by a group of guys that all live in the same area (The Philippines) and there were enough of them there to make them eligible for their own clubhouse forum. There was no racial component to the creation of this forum. As for the name, that was the name their group decided on and they thought of it before any other clubs came along to claim it. Eric

4. MBR

MBR

Sorry,

That was just my interpretation from reading the forum description. May I suggest, "a forum dedicated to those who reside in the philippines, others welcome".

I dont have a problem with thier club name at all (nor that they are philippino) just the description of the club.

5. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

MBR, if you look at my sigline you'll see I am an honorary member of their fine group. You'd be hard pressed to find a finer group of people that love Glocks, shooting, and good friends. Go over into their forum and say "Hi". I guarantee you they'll be happy to welcome you. The last thing on any of their minds is to separate themselves from the rest of us. They are a group of people that promote the shooting sports, Glocks, and this site and it's members. Go ahead, you'll have a blast!;)
    Eddie C.

6. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

Ditto to what Eddie said. They are a fine bunch of people and we're happy both to have them here, and to give them their own club.

7. MBR

MBR

I never stated they were not fine people, only that I disagree with the clubs description.

8. Sta. 18

Sta. 18 Modern 'tater

Band of Glockers
    Forum for Glock Talk Members of Filippino, Filippino/American, or any nationality that would like to talk about Glocks, Shooting, and all related topics. This forum is based on an informal club that has sprung up, in the Philippines.

What's wrong with the description? It clearly states it's open to any nationality.

9. MBR

MBR

You guys are blind, it specificly states for Filipinos, then as an after thought, or any other nationality. I think there is to much division and racism in this country/world things like this only further that attitude.

I have said my peace, Im done

10. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

MBR, it's a shame that we do turn a blind eye to racism in many instances around this country when they really happen. Just don't go looking for it when it isn't there. You're reading something in there that isn't true. Eddie C.