Baltimore Aiport

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by HandyRake, Oct 7, 2015.

1. HandyRake

HandyRake

Anyone flown into and out of BWI while checking a firearm? Any issues? Never been to anything near the east-coast before. Flown plenty elsewhere and never had a problem.

Thanks!

2. jnc36rcpd

jnc36rcpd

It's been a few years, but I've flown into and out of Baltimore with no issues.

3. Grappler112

Grappler112

done it a few times with no problems

4. igor455

igor455

Flew out of bi. 2 weeks ago. Bi Base ltimore wash airport. No issue. S. Flew armed. Checked weapon at counter. No hassles. Have at it

5. unit 900

unit 900

I have flown from BWI and checked a firearm dozens of times. Many counter folks, coming from a state where carry permits are as common as four fingered elves, are somewhat taken aback at the suggestion that you are checking a firearm. That said, I have never had an issue after a supervisor is called. Allow time for the befuddled to seek higher authority. Unlike many airports, you do not need to go to TSA and stand by while they gape at your firearm. The counter folks often tell me to wait until they get a nod from TSA and to stay near the counter. I have yet to do so, figuring they can page me if they need to.

6. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

You feeling ok?

Anyway, like everyone else said, you just declare it and they take if from there. We had no issues coming and a going so long as the ammo was carried separately, and all out of reach, and we weren't making any car stops, all was totally ok.

7. igor455

igor455

Yeah. Stupid tablet doesn't always work right. But bi is ok to check a weapon and fly. From