Baldacci's new thrill ride!

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Spyder Teeth, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Spyder Teeth

Spyder Teeth Southern Gent

The Camel Club by David Baldacci (author of Absolute Power which later became the Eastwood/Hackman movie) is on news stands now. Do yourself a favor and check this one out. Yeah yeah, wait for the paperback you say. Ok then. Wait.

Or try this...

Go to Walmart and while the little Missus is shopping for whatever it is they shop for, read chapter one (and heck maybe chapter two and three if your wife shops like my wife does). Then I DARE you to put the book down. Double dog dare ya.... :)

Serously. What a thrill ride! I've been listening to the unabridged audiobook and it's been like watching a Hollywood blockbuster in a theater, so vivid it's almost in Dolby surround and Panavision. Top producers are at this moment fist-fighting, shooting dice, or whatever it is they do that determines who gets the movie rights. A bidding war at the very least.

Here's another plus. Go to the author's official site and sign up for a FREE autographed coverlet (that's free shipping also). This coverlet is peel-stick so you can slap it into the hardcover copy you won't be able to put down at Walmart and make a personaly AUTOGRAPHED version out of it.

There's so many plot twists in this thing it's totally around the bend. Baldacci took his already creative engine and made a double stroked Hemi top fuel dragster out of it!

Uh, that is all... :cool: