baitcast reel avet sx???

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by mauser, Jul 7, 2007.

1. mauser

mauser Guest

hi everyone

i like all those baitcast reels because of their durability and power. the problem is, that all those abu reels i use to fish are now made in china instead of sweden. that means, that they are made of plastic and bull****.

my most favorite gamefish is seatrout, and i want that avet sx lefthand-reel, because i think thats something good and saltwater resistant.

question: what are your experiences with that one? what lure weight is castable, and what lureweigt is too light?
    i cast about 90 yards with my lovely-plastik 5501 abu and a 28 gram wobbler. can i do so with that avet sx?

i just want that reel:hearts:

2. noway

noway

I have to agreed with the made in china statement. I'm using a avet JX iirc and it's not bad, but I really would like a penn intl. I think they are slightly better built. On the JX I 've cast heavy line and bait wth no problems and the model I have is a 2 speed version so that can be handy in some cases. Other than that I have nothing negative to say about avet, but if you save you money you can get a comparable penn ( unless your heart is set on avet ) and overall the penns have better support from reel maintance centers or at least down in South Florida.

3. mauser

mauser Guest

penn is very good too, no question. but the problem is, that you can't find any lefthand penn's over here

:sad:

4. noway

noway

I saw your profile location and noway expression whent to :alex: when I saw Germany ;)

Can't you order thru any of the bait tackle shops located outside of Ger ?

5. mauser

mauser Guest

thats difficult, because you have to pay import-toll when you buy in america for example.

a friend of me just came back from a ski-holiday in usa, and he took a reel with him.....he had big problems at the german border.

now, just for a lough, i tell you how much this avet sx cost in germany-not more than 236 euro:rofl: :)sad: )

and when i'm shooting, the cheepest 308 ammo is 8 euro for 20 rounds:animlol: