GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Anti-Federalist
19,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently I over smoked my bird. Looks perfect, tastes like a creosote railroad tie.

Win some, lose some.

Thankfully I've got plenty from other smokes so now I'm defrosting the reserves :supergrin:

Any other food disasters for the day?

·
κολασμένος
18,408 Posts
In a gesture to avoid conflict with the in-laws and my daughter's work schedule, this year we're not having our big celebratory meal until Sunday. What do I care, I have the whole weekend off. :supergrin: We're having a good meal today though, smoked ham, twice-baked potatoes and such. So far, so good.

Last night was a disaster though... suddenly no hot water. A little trouble shooting and a call to the service center and a new control board is in the cards... but won't be here until Tues. Shipping had already left for the day, then they're off for Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving... and of course they don't work weekends. So next day air on Monday.

I was able to get to the local hardware store about a half hour before they closed and got a replacement heater. Took an hour or two to get it installed. At least Thanksgiving day will have warm showers. :)

Sorry about the turkey! Glad there is backup! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday due to family schedules, we set dinner for 5:30pm. which worked out well after my wife checked the roaster the turkey was in and found out it wasn't working. The light was on but no heat after 2 hours. Thankfully we still had time to put it in the oven and switch some other stuff around. Turkey turned out well and we had a blast playing cards after dinner.

Reactions: Glock&Spiel

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
Apparently I over smoked my bird. Looks perfect, tastes like a creosote railroad tie.

Win some, lose some.

Thankfully I've got plenty from other smokes so now I'm defrosting the reserves :supergrin:

I knew a guy who was grilling fish over a fire and their dad actually threw some creosote wood in. He threw the fish out in the woods and nothing would touch it.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Turkey’s probably fine... get yourself tested for the Coronavirus....
In which case, the WT 101 will work fine

·
Anti-Federalist
19,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Turkey’s probably fine... get yourself tested for the Coronavirus....
In which case, the WT 101 will work fine

COVID was suppose to make you lose your sense of taste. That would have been preferable..

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Win some, lose some.

I just have one question:

- How in the heck do you know what a creosote railroad tie tastes like?

·
Anti-Federalist
19,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just have one question:

- How in the heck do you know what a creosote railroad tie tastes like?
You know how they smell right? I don't think I'm going out on a limb here :supergrin:

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,691 Posts
Wife just discovered we don’t have milk, which is required for her potato dish. Since I’m a couple bourbons in, I ain’t going to the store. She will try and hope half and half will work.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts