Bad things can happen on Sunday too...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by HollowPoint .45, Mar 1, 2010.

1. HollowPoint .45

HollowPoint .45 NRA Member

Went out to eat with my Mom after church today. As always I had a pistol on me, on Sunday I carry a Polish P64 in a pocket holster (easier to hide and I dont want to get hugged by a church member and get made), today I had the pocket holster in my jacket pocket.

Pulled into the parking lot of a local chicken place, and got ready to get out. About the time I get ready to open my door an older white Ford Taurus pulls up behind us and the driver and passenger both get out. (This effectively blocks us in) I look over at Mom just in time to see her get a look of absolute horror on her face and sink down in the seat.

I asked her what was wrong and she said that the woman was one of the people she had convicted when she served on the jury a few years back. (Mom had been on the jury that sentenced her to 2 years on drug charges) As she told me this both the woman and a rough looking dude who I would assume was the boyfriend split up and started towards us.

The guy was walking down my side of the truck while the woman was coming up Mom's side. Knowing we are in for the worst I reach inside my jacket pocket and get a good grip on my P64. Dude comes up to my window, has one hand in his pocket, and pecks on the glass, woman comes up to Mom's window and does the same. Never taking my right hand out of my pocket or off of my pistol I crack the window with my left hand and ask him what he wants. He says that they want to talk to my mother. By this time the woman has come to myside of the truck as well. So I crack the window about another inch and tell him to go ahead.

By this time I'm gripping the pistol so hard that the checkering on the grips is literally hurting my hand. And I notice that Mom has found the 2D maglight I keep in the truck and now has it next to her leg.

Well dude starts off with: "Didn't you sit on ****'s trial?
    Mom: "yes"
    Dude: "So you helped convict her?"
    Mom: "yes"
    Dude: "Well I've got something to say to you"
    Me :(On the verge of cramming my monstrous 9x18 :embarassed: in his face and ordering him to the ground) "I hope its something nice"
    Dude: "Calm down buddy, this aint what you think"
    Me: "I hope its not"
    Woman: "I just wanted to thank your mother"
    Mom: "What!?"
    Woman: "I just wanted to thank you, If you hadnt sent me off I would have probably been dead by now. And I met **** at the rehab center, and we are getting married."

And with that, even before me or Mom could come up with something to say in reply, they turned around, got in their car and drove off.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

So boys and girls, always carry no matter what, always prepare for the worst - hope for the best and once in a while the best happens. And always, ALWAYS pay attention to whats going on around and ESPECIALLY behind you.

2. thejellster05

thejellster05

Wow! Close call. Glad it turned out good.

3. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

WOW...:wow: People can learn and adapt to society. Thought it was a myth for the most part. That does sound like a scary situation though. Be vigilant, as this proves that action often comes before reaction...

4. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

Whoa, wasn't expecting that.

Not something you hear everyday lol

5. HollowPoint .45

Nope, I'm glad it turned out the way it did though. At first I would have thought I would be giving a range report on the Silver Bear 9x18 JHP versus 200 pound man.

Glad I'm not, and I dont think that Mom will say anything ever again about me carrying in "Gods House".

6. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith NRA and GSSF Life Member

wow that was exiting!

7. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

Whew.. major pucker factor... glad everybody turned out happy for a change!

Your Mom shoulda said.. don't thank me.. you convicted yourself! lol

8. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

How romantic meeting in rehab,:rofl:

9. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Sounds like the "thank you" could have been a ruse - a "plan B" just in case you were obviously armed and looking too dangerous to mess with. If they had really got out of bed that morning wanting to thank your mother, they'd have had the common sense to know that this approach would look suspicious, and probably would have found another way to do it without making it look like an ambush. That's why I wouldn't be too anxious to take their "thank you" at face value just yet.

I'd stay alert if I were you and be ready to see them again. It may go down differently next time. The guy that lady is so happy to marry, might just be trying to help her get revenge - as a way to show his love, of course. Stay ready to protect your mom & don't be so sure this is over yet.

10. mnglocker

mnglocker Rope Czar

:goodpost:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  11. willy1094

willy1094

I guess they just recognized your mom as you drove by? What I am getting at, how did they know it was her in your truck?

12. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

Wierd **** happens in small towns... (If that's where the OP is) I'm in the middle of a similar mess...

13. mnglocker

mnglocker Rope Czar

Exactly, They've been watching.

14. Flatulence

Flatulence 5X EMU Champion

This does not add up. Stay vigilant.

15. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

Happens a lot. It's against the rules, but that just makes it more likely to happen.

Druggies, even those in recovery, are weird. It may well be exactly what it appears to be. May not. We may never know.

I think you have it covered, either way. The only thing different today is that they know you're carrying, whether you realize it or not. That means that if they have evil intent, they'll be very proactive with their offense, not giving you a chance for defense. Probably not, though, as they're not professionals, just silly druggies.

I'm thinking this is the end of the story, and that it was a good story. Just don't let down your guard.

16. HollowPoint .45

She lives about 2 minutes away from me. But in all reality, I feel sorry for them if they try to break in on her at home. Shes got her brothers service revolver and she can shoot that S&W 19 better than I can. :whistling:

17. HollowPoint .45

If they try it again they are going to find me with alot more firepower than a
    9x18. Think I have retired the pocket gun for a bit.
    :2gun:
    Oh and I love that avatar, to have been in such a weird/creepy show she was definitely a hottie. :wow:

18. Chad Landry

Weird/creepy show? Hell, I thought it was the only normal show on television! ;)

19. HollowPoint .45

:shocked:

You must have a wild family reunion if you can relate to that. :supergrin:

This guy is really normal...

[​IMG]

I'd CCW a S&W 629 if he lived near me .........

20. Chad Landry

Ted Cassidy is a legend. Perfect banter with only syllables, no actual dialogue. :cheers:

ETA: I sometimes ccw a S&W 29, .44 magnum, 6" barrel. Nickel plated. :cool: