bad thing about a new glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1canvas, Mar 31, 2010.

1. 1canvas

1canvas

i really like my new 27 but the bad thing is i have to buy new night sights. i have been using xs big dot 24/7 on my 23 and s&w 640. i have found they work great for these old tired eyes, day or night.
    but another 100.00 + is just hard to do.
    my 27 will be carried more than the others so i can justify the cost, but i was thinking, is there another sight that cost less that i should look at?
    i thought of keeping the stock sights but i know the big dot would surely make a difference in a defense situation.

2. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

In reality, you likely won't see any sights in a SD situation. However, I love night sights. I won't buy a Glock without them. The other huge benefit they provide is the ability to find the gun in the dark (ie. a night stand drawer).

3. cciman

cciman

Glock brand NS are the cheapest around. Around $60.
    I think they are rebranded Meprolights.

But lets put this in perspective: If you can only see with the XS, what is your life worth?

If your life depends on your gun, then just pay $100 for another set of XS. Forgo cable TV, or cell phone, for a few months.

4. MonsterB

MonsterB

maybe swap out the sights with the 23 if you arent going to use it much, 100 bucks doesnt get you too much amo, just try shooting less and put the money torwards the sights...Big Dots workin for ya, huh? I thought about those but have decided on the Trijicons, I very much like them on a Glock.:rock:

5. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I agree. If you shoot better and are used to the XD's, then figure a way to come up with the extra $100. Especially if the G27 is going to be your EDC gun. I've been thinking hard about putting a set on my G27, but I've never shot a gun that had them, so until then, that's really the only thing stopping me.