Bad experience with Samson customer service

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by blackopsglock, Apr 28, 2005.

1. blackopsglock

blackopsglock smckma

I called the "tech" line at Samson on behalf of one of my customers today.He has switched out his Samson strait pipes for a set of thier new Fishtail baffled pipes and it was running rough when he got done with it.Bike is running very lean..

Knowing that the bike needed to be re-jetted I called Samson for thier "expert" advice(I use the term "expert" very loosely.)

I got some clown by the name of Robert telling me that I just need to take it to a bike shop that deals in jetting issues.When I go on to tell him that I AM A BIKE SHOP and need his technical expertise he goes into this rant and rave about how all bike shops know exactly how to jet carbs for aftermarket tubes blah blah blah.

When I pressed him for details he finally admitted that he did not know anything about jetting a carb.This guy is a tech?????

What a poor representation for Samson.

Anyways I made a call to DYNOJET who I have been dealing with for years.Those guys are top notch and are always very professional to deal with.

I have installed a bunch of Vance and Hines products in the past.In many cases they wind up referring me to DYNOJET if they can't walk me though the process.

Bottom line,,,,avoid Samson Exhaust unless you want to be on your own for technical support.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I gotta tell ya, I've never heard of Samson, but then I'm recently back into the scene.

3. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

You don't ride a Harley either (that's good thing).;)

They are basically Harley only pipes (maybe a few metric cruisers).

All I have to say is after watching the owner of Samson exhasuts on "American Thunder", I doubt he even knows how to jet a carb.

Stick with dynojet and V&H. They know thier stuff and make good products.

4. blackopsglock

blackopsglock smckma

Samson's been around a while and makes nice looking pipes.Me thinks your right on track about the owner of the place.If he is stupid enough to leave Robert in charge of the tech line then he is a pretty ineffective executive.

They just started making metric cruiser pipes under the name SHogun..

Your right about Dynojet and V@H.They do everything they can to bend over back wards to help you.

I get calls all the time asking which aftermarket pipes to recommend.^You can bet I will do everything in my power to keep Samson from getting any business in the future..

For kicks whistles and grins I went over to the Samson Site to see what thier "instructions" were about installing thier pipes.The ONLY blurb on there about re jetting is a disclaimer stating that "adding a free flowing exhaust to your unit MAY require re jetting."

Freakin rocket scientist they have working over there.;z