close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bad Customer Service

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TSAX, Apr 27, 2012.

1. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Not every interaction with any company is ever 100% perfect/good. And as we all know you can run into a bad rep at any company. Anyone can have a bad day or handle a call wrong or just be a bad rep.

What company or companies have given you bad service, did you ever go back and did they make things right when you complained.

I cant stand Comcast, Clear Wire, Chase, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio. I gave them a chance to make things right and they ran me around (blah blah blah every customer is important) and didnt live up to their promise and Im never going back. At least Comcast did try but Chase didnt give a "beep".

:50cal:

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Clearwire was pretty horrendous.

3. RichJ

RichJ

I won't bother with my Gander Mountain story, but needless to say, I haven't stepped foot in the place since.

4. mhill

mhill

Whirlpool. I had the receipt and had owned a dishwasher for 13 months when the main board went out. They wouldn't do anything except send a serviceman for $250. I said no thanks and bought a Kitchen Aid. Never another Whirlpool.

Forgot to mention the warrenty was for 12 months so I was 1 month out and had an issue that was from a faulty product.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  5. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

I don't care for Sprint's CS!!

6. Cinic

Cinic Spongy Member

Never another Kitchen Aid either then because they're owned by Whirlpool.

7. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Ive had hit and miss with them but they usually fixed it in the end, would have been nice without the head aches though

8. RichJ

RichJ

Whirlpool is crap though. Kitchen Aid is well made stuff.

9. farmer42

farmer42

Been there done that with Whirlpool. We remodeled the kitchen three years ago and replaced the under cabinets microwave, dishwasher, stove top and oven. Two months out of warranty our DW crapped out, six months later the micro wave went to pot. The oven main board was replaced just before the 1 yr. warranty expires.

Absolute no help from Whirlpool, told me I should have purchased an extended warranty!! Replaced all with GE.

Almost forgot, the fridge icemaker went bad too.

10. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

With this economy there is really no such thing as customer service anymore.

It's just all buyer beware.

11. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I do agree with that to an extent, some companies have pissed on their customers with cut backs, slower service and less services for more money :steamed: but some needed to in order to stay in business some what. I worked for a company and was involved wit the budget and can understand a bit. Other companies have continued to take care of their customers and act the same. Another reason I a huge fan of Springfield Armory for their great customer service.

12. Green70

Green70

That makes no sense.

In my area, when it was booming and flush with rich customers from California, the service in restaurants, auto parts stores, theaters, etc was horrendous.

There were so many customers that they were seen as inconveniences by the staff.

When the housing market crashed, the restaurants and stores that didn't go out of business really turned up their customer service levels.

I can recall a couple of restaurants in which the managers come out and make sure the customers are happy.

Also, when jobs are scarce, employees are motivated to do a better job to retain their now very valuable job.

13. Kyle1886

Kyle1886

Sharp Eletronics is on my lengthy list of "not to buy products" as of yesterday. Hummm...I'm running out of manufacturers for electronics and appliances.

Kyle

14. fiasconva

fiasconva

My latest fiasco was with Safe-lite. You'd think a company that spends that much money on advertising would know how to install a windshield correctly...WRONG! Never again!

15. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I understand exactly what your saying Green70 but every situation/place is different. I was contracted out to help a few major hotels. I saw customer service take a huge dive, from no extra towels at a Hilton and no more valet parking to less employees longer waits during check in and check out. No late night room service in some hotels and other amenities.

My buddy in the rent a car industry saw many of the same things with less staff less longer waits less quality of customer service. And one can argue a large company like Hertz that does 500 million in some areas vs a smaller business that does 1 million and the whole our business model/philosophy thing but these things did happen.

16. J_Rico

J_Rico

Widener's sent something in much worse shape than the description and ignored two emails sent in reference to the bad order.

Palmetto State Armory shorted an order, but fixed it right away. Still order from them. Very polite.

Dereelight sent me a flashlight with a bad led. Took a while to ship, but they replaced the bad part.

Had Chase financing on a car. It took two years of mail, calls and fighting with Chase and the State of California to get the title after the car was paid off. No more Chase anything.

17. J_Rico

J_Rico

That has not been my experience. Still plenty of places with good customer service.

Had a great experince with S&W recently.

18. Cinic

Cinic Spongy Member

Not to additionally derail the thread, but Whirlpool, Kenmore Elite, Kitchen Aid, Whirlpool Gold (and more) all have interchangeable parts.

We had a Kenmore Elite DW for 6 years which was recently replaced by a Kitchen Aid. They were both made by Whirlpool and look nearly identical inside.

19. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Harley-Davidson. I haven't been without at least two HDs at any one time in thirty years but haven't stepped into a dealership since November, 1987. Love the bike, despise the corporation. HH

20. Hamguy

Hamguy

Ordered a small pizza from a local pizza joint on my way home from work a few weeks ago. When I got home and grabbed a slice, I discovered that while the cheese was melted and the edges (it was a deep dish) appeared to be crisp, the entire underside was completely raw. I called the place and asked to speak to the manager. He said I could bring it back and they'd give me a replacement, or I could have $1 off the next time I came in. I had to leave for a meeting in about 45 minutes and said I didn't have time to bring the pizza back. So he says "Well you can have $1 off your next order". I said "not good enough. How about you get one of your drivers to bring me another pizza ASAP?", to which he replied "our driver is for paying customers".

I lost it. I said "um, dude, *I AM* a paying customer!". He wouldn't budge, so I said "this is the worst pizza I've ever had". His answer to that was "hmmmm".

I said "thanks for nothing a-hole. Keep your freaking dollar. I'll never come back."

I tried to finish cooking the pizza, but they do it in a brick oven at very high temp. It just tasted nasty after I was done.