Glock Talk banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
While I agree with the idea that most backed-out primers are due to low pressure loads, shotguns *usually* have zero headspace. In other words, in spite of low pressure, in most shotguns there is nowhere for the primer to go because the breach face is usually flush with the back of the barrel.

So, I'm gonna say the gun needs a look-see.

Or.... perhaps the action is opening up upon firing, which is a malady that many shotguns exhibit late in life.
Very true. Old sg that become loose in the action will have a hdaspace issue. Excessive headspace often causes a backout rpimer @ any pressure level but certainly at a low pressure event.

Tell him to add 10% more powder. ;), Oh, yeah he doesn't know what he loaded so he can't do that. No mater what you tell him it's irrelevant because he doesn't have a clue what he did. So it's pointless to even talk to him about what he loaded. Seriously, what can you possibly tell him to do other then get some load data and start over.

I think the only responsible thing to do is to find out where he shoots and post his picture there.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.