Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a model 31 and was wondering if it is worth upgrading the guide rod and do the 22&29rnd 40cal magazines work with the 357? Thanks for any input! And I think I'll be using doubletap ammo too.

·
Geaux Tigers!
2,253 Posts
Welcome to GT!
The 31 is a great gun, I wouldn't change the guide rod, I'd just shoot the heck out of it!

·
Registered
844 Posts
My attitude is if a factory part is doing the same thing reliably as a non factory part, then why switch. To me an aftermarket has to 100% guarantee superior performance and reliability. That said the only aftermarket parts that have gone on to any of my Glocks are a pair of Heinie Straight 8 Slant Pro night sights. That's it.

I have a bunch of the 22 round factory .40 S&W mags. My understanding is that they will work with .357 Sig. I would not bother with the 29 round Scherer mags as I don't think they would meet my standard of 100% superior performance and reliability. YMMV.

Good luck.

Best,

Dave

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
You got the good stuff. Why even worry if you can make it shoot .40cal. The .40cal cant play with the 357sig....The only reason that the .40cal exists is because the 10mm is just too much of a bear to shoot....so, they tamed it down and called it the .40cal. Then, they juiced it back up by pushing a 9mm lead with the .40cal charge....now its back to being a bad-ass pistol....Congratulations on making the right pistol decision and the right caliber decision.

Keep on Glockin'

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yeah, I agree, just shoot the thing a lot. I wouldn't change anything until it doesn't work the way it is. What is the point of spending money on a new part, when the original part works great?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yeah, I agree, just shoot the thing a lot. I wouldn't change anything until it doesn't work the way it is. What is the point of spending money on a new part, when the original part works great?
It's called preventative Maintenance. I know the factory rods work for most, most the time, BUT a stainless rod simply can NOT fail and allows easy spring weight changes if you wish to do so.. Just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You got the good stuff. Why even worry if you can make it shoot .40cal. The .40cal cant play with the 357sig....The only reason that the .40cal exists is because the 10mm is just too much of a bear to shoot....so, they tamed it down and called it the .40cal. Then, they juiced it back up by pushing a 9mm lead with the .40cal charge....now its back to being a bad-ass pistol....Congratulations on making the right pistol decision and the right caliber decision.

Keep on Glockin'
i didnt want to change to 40 just wanted make sure 40 mags would feed the 357 for higher capacity. thanks, let me know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts