Glock 48 Back To Glock - Got a Glock 48

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kflo01, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Phantom Trigger for Glock

16.7%
  2. ZEV Technologies Pro Trigger

83.3%
  3. Monarch Trigger System for The Glock 43

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zennashton

zennashton

That's what I have in my 48 and love it. Does not change the pull weight all it does is replace the knife blade stock trigger. If you go to the range and shoot 3 mags full at a range session then stock is fine. If your like me and go and shoot 400 to 500 rounds a session then the overwacth tac is your best friend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fatboy2001 likes this.
  2. GordyNismo

GordyNismo

Picked up a 48 blue label with Ameriglo Bolds this afternoon. The wife commandeered my 43 and I did not shoot it well anyway. Rented a 48 at a range a month ago and it was like we were made for each other. Apex trigger shoe and Talons are inbound as well. All my Glocks utilize Apex triggers on OEM bars with OEM minus connectors.

ShipWreck likes this.

3. rfd339

rfd339 Silver Member

Agency Arms does too. Thinking about adding it to my g43.

4. dj45

dj45

The only change I ended up making to my G48 was to change out the craptastic sights to my preferred night sights. Then I put the non-laser version of the Streamlight TLR-6 on it, and that's how I carry it. Tulster makes a great light-bearing holster for the G48 btw.

I'm going to be testing out two of the 15 round Shield Arms mags later this week, so when those check out and I'm confident carrying them, I'll have those on board as well.

Johnssd2 likes this.
  5. kyjd75

kyjd75

All the triggers in my ARs are Geissele. All the triggers in my Glocks are Glock.

HardRice and RustyRyan like this.
  6. BillG174

BillG174

If you are referring to the grooved serrated trigger face I agree it is very uncomfortable.

Spartan24 here on Glock Talk sells a Glock 48 OEM trigger that he has replaced the serrated grooved trigger with a smooth face trigger. I purchased one of these from him three weeks ago, installed it and it works great. Very comfortable no grooves on the trigger face.

The price is very reasonable and his communication via PM is outstanding. Highly recommend Spartan24

Bill

Quade and Gfive45 like this.
  7. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

It’s not just the groves, the trigger blade itself is sharp. Some more than others, and it doesn’t seem to matter groves vs. not groves. That said, I’ve got my Apex and am extremely happy with it.

Quade likes this.
  8. JK-linux

JK-linux

4) Stock OEM trigger

Johnssd2 likes this.
  9. Gokyo

Gokyo

Stock

Or ghost plus spring package.

10. kflo01

kflo01

So I ended up going with a trigger from OC Custom Triggers. This was after reading and watching lots of reviews. A lot of the other triggers I looked had had questions marked behind them or issues. OC had fewer negative reviews and questions. It checked all the boxes of what I was looking for besides a flat-faced trigger.

Next, I went an Extended Magazine Release from HIVE Tech and a Vickers Tactical Slide Stop. I had both on my Block 30 and it really helped in the usage of the gun.

Lastly I got the below holsters:

An IWB Holster from Foxtrot Concealment
    A Paddle Holster from Aggressive Concealment
    and a belt Holster from Bravo Concealment
    None of the above items have arrived yet but when they do and are installed I will post again. Next is to get into some classes for some training. Thanks to everyone who posted here. Let me know how I did.

Fatboy2001 likes this.
  11. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Let us know how you like the A.C. paddle. Been thinking about one.

12. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers "Facts matter, Feeling can lie" DocGKR

I cant vote because I have never used your 3 choices of triggers. I can say Overwatch and SSVI are dang fine for a Self Defense trigger (my $0.02)

Please let us know how your choice works out, and congratulations on your new G48, their a nice pistol. :cheers:

Gfive45 likes this.
  13. kflo01

kflo01

Well update. I had my smith.put.in the OC Custom trigger. He called me and said that when you rack the slide violently the trigger will reset but if you rck it normally then it will not reset.
    Not sure why that is but I'm sure they were putting it in properly. Really disappointing. So I had him put the factory trigger back in and just install the Vickers extended slide stop and Hyve extended mag release.
    My Ssmith tried to reach them for help or see if there was any guided or anything online.
    So now I have to see if they will take the trigger back and give me a refund.
    Guess i should have stuck with the factory trigger like some posters here said.

Johnssd2 likes this.
  14. thewoods868

thewoods868 thewoods868

I would find another gunsmith or do it myself

AdamRodgers likes this.
  15. Tito's Glock

Tito's Glock

I put an OC trigger in my 43 and it is awesome. The trigger safety goes flush with the trigger so no pinch. It feels like a Sig Trigger.

Also added a Taran Tactical connector and this puppy is smooooooth.

16. ShaneS

ShaneS Millennium Member

All stock on my G48. Wish there was a OEM smooth trigger available but will stick with stock. I don't shoot hundreds of rounds in one session.

The trigger pull has improved with use and some dry firing. I let students use my G48 so they have helped break in the trigger with use.

I really like the G48 and hope you will too. The grip fits my hand well. I don't mind the lower capacity.

17. kflo01

kflo01

IWB Holster from Foxtrot Concealment is a 6 out of 10. Even with the retention set all the way to the highest the gun still EASILY falls out with the slightest shaking when held upside down. I am going to get a different IWB holster and throw this is the "unused holster box". I will give them a thumbs up though for sending me a free metal clip when I asked for one.

The Paddle Holster from Aggressive Concealment is a 10 out of 10. I thought Alien Gear had a good paddle holster. This one kills that. It is super thin but strong at the same time and holds your gun as close to your body as any belt holster. You know how most paddle holsters kina are far from the body. Nope, not this one. Crazy close and concealable. Also, I can shake the gun upside down in the holster and it doesn't drop free. Love that.

Belt Holster from Bravo Concealment: 9 out of 10. It would have been a 10 out of 10 if the clips\loops were metal instead of polymer. Hold the gun super tight to the body and I can shake the hell out of it when the gun is instead while holding it upside down and it doesn't come out.

If anyone has IWB suggestions for me to look at let me know.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  18. Amos Iron Wolf

Amos Iron Wolf

I recently picked up a G43. One of those really felt right in the hand things. I got the OEM modded trigger shoe from Johnny Glock. Smooth face, safety goes fully flush when firing, adjustable pre-travel. I found no need to adjust anything though.
    You can get full trigger bar and all, but I just went for the trigger itself. Keeps you from getting a blister on your finger from shooting a lot.

19. kjphilippona

kjphilippona

I have Wheaton Arms triggers in both my Glock 17 and 19! IMG_0547 (2).jpg IMG_0548 (2).jpg

AdamRodgers and littletank like this.