Back to Glock 26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kp352g, Jul 21, 2019.

1. amd65

amd65

And to think, elsewhere on this site, somebody is wondering if the G26 is “obsolete”.
    Mine is the last pistol I’d sell. It’s one pistol that goes from CCW to home defense seamlessly.
    I shot and carried Browning HiPower pistols for years. When I took out a Gen3 G26 I bought used for the first time, I found I shot it as well as or better than the HiPower.

2. sonoma

sonoma

The last year I have carried a sig365,43X and G26.If I could only keep one it would be the G26.

snowbird.40 likes this.

3. myglockisa23

myglockisa23 Silver Member

Last year I carried the G43X and G48.... sold them...now my EDC is a Gen 5 G26 or G43.....

4. AJShooter9

AJShooter9

Have done the same thing. Got rid of 43 and any other single stack. The 26 really is a do all gun and conceals very well. The 26 for anything and the g45 for night stand. My current combo

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk

5. bitcoin

bitcoin

G26 is way underrated. I shoot it as well as my 17, and any other gun for that matter.

I will say, there's a few additions I consider mandatory. For the 10 round mags, the GeePlate baseplate gives you a GREAT purchase on the gun with the protruding part which really locks your grip into the gun. And some sort of grip, such as Talon or I use Brooks Tactical A-grips.

ki4dmh and mike from st pe like this.
  6. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

I've got a G19 and a G43. Got rid of the G26.

Instead of 1 sweet spot, I've got 2.

7. Sdasaro

Sdasaro Not from my cold dead clutching hands

I love my 26 g5. Put an extension on the 3 mags and made it more accurate. Thinking of adding night sights.

8. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

26 is a great gun. I've carried it for a long time, but I think the 43x is better.

Better how?
    Same capacity if not allowed over 10 round mags.
    Thinner, lighter.
    Shoots just as well.
    Grip fits my hand better.
    Still a Glock, same type of action.

9. MoreMonkeyThanMan

MoreMonkeyThanMan

fullsizeoutput_fb7.jpeg

sold my 43 for a 26... and then picked up a 34...

Wizzz and mike from st pe like this.
  10. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

11. MoreMonkeyThanMan

MoreMonkeyThanMan

actually i did pick up a three pack of those and they have been relegated to the junk drawer...

too many failure to feeds..

i loved the ergos on them though..

Ranger357 likes this.
  12. shadowlands

shadowlands

I get you. I carry a Glock 27 and I love it, big time!

13. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

When the smallest Glock came out I had a 27, and along with a 22 competed in GSSF as well as carried.

After several years of competing and replacing parts, yes I was shooting over 15k a year, my team mates suggested shifting to 9mm.
    Fast forward 15 years, I have (3) 26 gen 3’s left after downsizing. From day one Glock allowed Pearce extensions only....even before they thought about making their own.

The 26 remains my main carry piece, even though many subscribers here suggest that I cannot pocket carry, I have started preference to smart carry.

Actually the 30 s gives me more comfort in hand and does see some carry time as well.

Unfortunately...none of the single stacks fit my hand 36, 42,43 and gen3 and 4 in 19,23 and 32 are also a no go.

Im done buying Glocks....I have enough 9mm (3) 26’s (3) 17’s.....the Gen5 not my cup of tea.

For those that find the 26 a good fit to hand, Congrats.

Mister X likes this.
  14. Jbritt

Jbritt

My 26.3 has been sitting in my safe for years now. Just yesterday my new Gunfightersinc holster arrived for it. Been carrying it all day today. I forgot how much I like this little gun.

Oh and the holster is fantastic BTW. The retention is really nice. You can literally do backflips and it won’t fall out (yes my 46 year old ass can still do backflips, unloaded gun of course).

shadowlands likes this.
  15. ChrisD46

ChrisD46

G26 Gen 4 with 12 round OEM magazines ; I-Dot Pro Night Sights ... Perfection !

shadowlands and Jbritt like this.
  16. e150gt

e150gt

Does a 26 conceal that much better than a 19? Just curious. Seems for the small increase in print a 19 would be a better choice.

17. Pistolay

Pistolay Wut? Silver Member

With the 10 round mag, a lot better.

Cocked & Locked likes this.
  18. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

Mines been fine, but I’ve heard enough complaints to not dismiss them. Just wondering if it was steel case ammo that caused issues, or a mix?

19. Neldon

Neldon Hill Country Boy & Proud Navy Veteran. NRA & USCCA

Will the circle be unbroken ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bRJLkNqNXI

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  20. Orive 8

Orive 8

I am also "back" to the Glock 26. I have never really liked the 26, the rear grip hump doesn't fit me, but a year ago I found a used Gen 3 26 that had a grip reduction and stippling job. It was at the range that I am a member of and they allow you to rent the used guns, if you like them; the rental price is taken off the purchase price. I did and bought the gun. First 26 that I have ever really liked.

Carried it off and on for the past year, have some different holsters for it and an assortment of mags. A month or so ago, I decided that I didn't really need/want it anymore so I traded it off at my LGS.

Then a little over a week ago I was back at the store to look at the Vickers Glock 43. I decided to pass on it and when I looked at the used case, my old Glock 26 was still there. Needless to say, it is now back in my possession.

I've been carrying it since then, ran up to the range on Friday and on Monday and shot it - I guess that I really like THIS Glock 26.

I have been using the Magpul 12 round mags for my range practice since I got it, they have been 100% reliable (I have run factory FMJs - assorted brands, and some Gold Dot HPs and some Hornady Critical Duty 135gr in them). I carry OEM mags, but at this point I wouldn't hesitate to carry the Magpul mags if I needed too,

Holsters that I am using are my Kramer OWB horsehide belt scabbard, Kramer IWB horsehide, Comp Tac CTAC and MTAC, Clinger (older style) kydex IWB and a Crossbreed IWB holster that I picked up for $20 in a used holster box at a gun store that I stopped at - great find, I'm really liking this holster a lot.

My Gen 4 Front Serrations 19 is in the safe for now, and the 26 is seeing carry duty.