close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Back strap pins and night sights on gen 4's.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Buckshot John, Mar 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Buckshot John

Buckshot John

Ok so for me I like the large back strap on my gen 4 27 but I have been noticing the pin moving over all the way to one side so much that one side of the back strap is barely held in place. Is this common? Should I get a new pin? Not a real big deal I just recenter it when I am at the range. This is to be my carry weapon and I wouldnt want this to be a problem.

Next can anyone confirm if you can get factory glock night sights on the gen 4's? I am looking at getting a 26 and was thinking about getting one with night sights already installed. Thanks.

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

there is a long pin to use with the add on back strap. Should have been in with the "kit".

And yes factory night sights will fit Gen4.

3. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Definitely order some new long pins. Glock should be able to help you out with that if you call them.

My G22 Gen4 came from the factory with Glock night sights installed, so it is possible to order them with that configuration.

4. scattershot

scattershot

Do you have the correct pin in place? The longer pin is the one to use when using the backstraps. Sorry if this seems simplistic, but check to be sure.

5. scattershot

scattershot

Looks like great minds all posted together.

6. Bananas

Bananas

I currently have on order a Gen 4 34 with factory night sights, so I hope it's possible! :)

7. Buckshot John

Buckshot John

Thanks for all the input. Yes I do have the long pin installed but I will double check just to be positive.

I am going to get a 26 and figured it would be better to get one with night sights already installed versus doing it later.

8. vmann

vmann Controller

i have heard of this problem with the gen 4 backstrap pins....if i get a gen 4 i dont plan on using any of the additional backstraps as this was a poor design by glock...

if you are dead set on using the backstrap with the long pin, i would probably opt for a small drop of BLUE loctite....

9. Buckshot John

Buckshot John

Yes, for me the large back strap makes a difference. It just gives me a much better grip. I will try a new pin and if it continues to move I will dab a drop of the loctite on.

10. ColdDayInHell

ColdDayInHell

I am missing the larger pin for my Gen 4 G19. Maybe it fell out of the box and into the foam? I need to tear it all apart now. Does Glock replace these?

11. tonyparson

tonyparson

You can call them and talk to them about it. I'm about 99.9% sure they will send you one.. Ask for the warranty dept. :thumbsup:

12. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Are you removing the pin to the right and placing it back into the left? There may some "wear" on the hole if you tend to put it in on random sides.

I added Mepros on my G4G17:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]