close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

back-logs on firearms

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by THEPOPE, Oct 7, 2012.

1. podwich

podwich

SR22 pistol or rifle? The rifle exists with a threaded barrel.

There are a few versions of the 22/45 with a threaded barrel if you're interested. I picked up the 22/45 Lite.

2. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

When a new item comes out, it is virtually impossible to get it due to the demand. I remember when Taurus came out with the .45 long cost/.410 revolver. Good luck in getting one. Also, when the XD's were first introduced, the same thing.

Remember when the Ruger LCP came out. Good luck on getting one, let alone finding reasonable priced .380 ammunition.

Ruger is attempting to appeal to people who want a familiar rifle in a BOB. There are a lot of people like that out there right now.

Now, factor in the following considerations for all firearms:
    1. Christmas is comming.
    2. It's hunting season.
    3. We are on the verge of an election.

Guns are going to be back logged, pure and simple.

3. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Didn't mean to twist yer tit...later...

emmout fer sher...:cool:

4. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Cool your jets there buddy! It's election year. You aren't going to be able to find squat for a long time. Even longer if dumbo gets reelected.

:wavey:

5. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

I would say they make ok guns. I have 3 and only the 1986 Blackhawk needed no tweeking to be 100%. It's also one out of 20 I handled that had a perfect trigger with no creep. That's why I bought it to be honest. The '86 was new in box that sat in a safe for years. Both my 10-22 International and Charger needed a better aftermarket extractor to be 100% with all ammo and an aftermarket hammer for a better trigger pull on both. That is just crazy and only a few bucks for a perfect product. I have yet to find a good trigger on any of their bolt rifles including the latest offerings. How hard can that be. I was all set to buy a new LH 308 Scout until I dry fired it and handled the magazine....terrible and sub par magazine. Both would cost a few bucks to correct at the factory. Just handled a nice Ruger 1911 but the Mim parts were rough and now know why it's $600. I have not handled their AR-15 yet so it may be ok.

6. heliguy

heliguy

Or better, why can't they make en work out of the box??? Last 4 guns I bought fails to fire just 1 mag all the way through. Kriss .45, downing buckmark, sig mosquito and S&W mp.22. Sent the sig back replaced the barrel works now. Going to spend turkey wk trying again to get the other 3 to cycle.

7. heliguy

heliguy

Or better, why can't they make en work out of the box??? Last 4 guns I bought fails to fire just 1 mag all the way through. Kriss .45, downing buckmark, sig mosquito and S&W mp.22. Sent the sig back replaced the barrel works now. Going to spend turkey wk trying again to get the other 3 to cycle.

8. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

Thank you professor for the english lesson. I feel smarter already.

NN

9. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Some need to be broken in a bit...usually, for my pistols, has taken about 300-400 rounds before I trust the gun or mags to perform as they should. ( even the G-19..yep, the perfect pistol needed broken in )

Mine all became VERY reliable feeders ( all but one was new-in-box ) no mods involved.

Only problem I've had was bad ammo, .22 lr , from Winchester...I don't use it, have had zero issues with feeding or performance.

I out , sir :cool: