Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this gun as a collectors piece a while back.
On the Tupperware box, it had his name and badge number. I decided to reach out to Mr. Eckler and let him know I had the gun he hadn’t seen in 30+ years.
He started the Berea Police Dept in 1987 and this was the first gun issued to him.
Today it made its way home! I hated to see it go, but it’s now exactly where it needs to be.
1987 Glock G17 gen 1
Smile Hairstyle Muscle Eyewear Hat

·
Registered
46 Posts
AS it turned out, he had all of his guns that he carried until he retired except for this one. His collection is now complete. He is now the criminal justice instructor at Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond, KY
Makes the effort even sweeter to complete his personal collection.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hated to let it go but at the same time I was glad. He was super excited.
You should be very proud of yourself. Too many selfish people would have kept it. Reminds me of the story where a Garand owner tracked down the relatives of a WW2 vet and gave them the same rifle their dad carried in the war.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
It says volumes about a person who makes this type of effort.
I am sure your family/friends/others enjoy that force within you that guides you to go above and beyond.
We all in some form do our own part. Yours strikes a special chord after all… That was one super sweet collectable Glock with all the goodies.

You sir win internet for today.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It says volumes about a person who makes this type of effort.
I am sure your family/friends/others enjoy that force within you that guides you to go above and beyond.
We all in some form do our own part. Yours strikes a special chord after all… That was one super sweet collectable Glock with all the goodies.

You sir win internet for today.
Definitely didn’t do it for the glory but enjoyed every minute meeting him for the first time and seeing the happiness on his face when I put it in his hands.
Thanks for the kind words.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts