close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Back from Glockmeister.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jeffedu37, Feb 5, 2005.

1. jeffedu37

jeffedu37

In one of my previous posts I was questioning the ejection path of the spent casing's from my 37. After posting on here and receiving feedback, I thought it was either my grip or the load ( Too light ) I was using. Last weekend, I went out and shot with 200 gr. Speer and made sure my grip was tight........Still 80% of the casing's flew back my way. I thought this seemed weird and I called Glock, they said " We have not heard of any model 37 doing this and it is not inherent of the gun". So, I brought the pistol to Ben at Glockmeister and he took it out shooting yesterday. I returned today to pick up my pistol and he found the same problem with the casing's ejecting back at him. He confirmed this is definitely not normal for the casing's to be ejecting this way. He replaced the extractor with the old style ( No chamber indicator ) and said it is ejecting normal now. Does anyone know the difference's between the two extractor's or is it just the chamber indicator? Is reliability affected by the part swap? I do not question Ben's work at Glockmeister in the least, I was just curious if anyone else had this happen? Oh yeah, before I left I bought myself a new Glock 26 with Mepro nite sights. Thanks, Jeff:)

2. bluewater

bluewater CLM

FWIW - I don't have a loaded chamber indicator on my Glock 37. Just shoot it and enjoy.

;?

3. petej88

petej88 Millennium Member

hum, interesting tip. Thanks.

4. jeffedu37

jeffedu37

bluewater- When was yours made? Mine was in Sept. 03 and I thought for sure all the 37 models would have the new extractor. Does anyone else have this problem with the casings extracting back at them? After posting the original thread I did some searching and found that someone has compared the two extractors and came to the conclusion that the new one could be more reliable because of it's angle towards the firing pin. Can anyone put any validity to this? Pete- No problem, one other Bull Dawg member had said, in a previous post, that he was having the same issue. Thanks guys, Jeff

Here is the thread: http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=336483

5. bluewater

bluewater CLM

Jeff - My serial number is FUD 2XX and it was made in October 2003 and I purchased it in December 2003.

;?

6. MPG1737

MPG1737 Beer Me

Jeff, I think I may be able to shed some light on the subject. My 37 does the same thing no matter what loads I use. The serial number starts as FYA . I have not had any problems with brass hitting me really, but it does fly back in my direction. I believe this is because the ejector rides the cases so tightly. This is evidenced by the crease it leaves on the brass upon cocking the slide. It sounds like it should be fixed now though! Good luck!

7. jeffedu37

jeffedu37

Thanks......Are saying then it is inherent of the 37 model? That is what i was thinking until Glock and Ben ( Glockmeister ) said otherwise. I'm going shooting this weekend and I will post my results with the new extractor. Thanks for the replies, Jeff