Babysitting my brother’s kids tonight

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Boo Berry, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Fair lady, your chariot awaits.

Holy **** he must be desperate. I think they’re 9 and 5ish, maybe 6.

I know nothing about kids. Bringing the wife... she should know more about this stuff than I do, though I have no idea why I would think that.

Hey kids, who wants to watch a scary movie??

Inyo Tim, light-switch and FullClip like this.
  2. e150gt

e150gt

My sister asked me to watch her kid. I said sure. She asked if I was bringing my wife. Of course. I wouldn't watch a kid without her and my sister breathed a sigh of relief.

3. n2877

n2877

Nothing like lots of sugar and soda with a scary movie to get them into a great hyper scarfed mood for mom and dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. slym2none

slym2none

My best friend and his wife have asked me to watch their 3-1/2 YO a few times now. I always say, "What, are you insane?" and then they still want me to so I do.

I guess they know me better than I know myself? Anyway, nothing has ever happened, but when the kid is a girl, is potty training, and needs help getting her panties on, it gets weird for a grown man who's never been married nor has any kids. The parents just laugh at me.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Inyo Tim and 686 AR15 G17Fan like this.
  5. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I got confused at first. I read “my boyfriend and his wife.....
    My thought was. “Really messed up situation”

I used to get asked to sit kids. Requests for 3 rolls of duct tape per kid didn’t phase parents.
    But when after 2 weeks with nephew my sister was told by her son. “This is what I did wrong, this was punishment...and Larry said if I did it again I would get spanked”. My sis was upset I would threaten to spank him. I told her it was not a empty threat. His disobedience could have hurt him.
    Last time I had to watch the kid more then a couple hours. Win, win. Kid was never scared of me. Punishments were talking things over, sit and think of what you did, why I told you no till you can explain why.... but spanking was a option if possibly dangerous actions repeated.

Inyo Tim, bgirls and slym2none like this.
  6. bgirls

bgirls

When my oldest was potty training 20 years ago, she went in on her own, done the deed, came out to me so happy she did it all by herself, handed me something, i held out my hand for a turd!!!

7. slym2none

slym2none

Edited my post for clarity, larry! :laughabove:

Inyo Tim and larry_minn like this.
  8. bgirls

bgirls

I spied the BF and Left it alone, deleted my comment. knowing someone would be along to have fun with it!!!

Inyo Tim and slym2none like this.
  9. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Longest 3 hours of my life was watching 3 kids while my wife and her friend went shopping. Sweet little tykes turned into Tasmanian Devils as soon as the car left the driveway.

Inyo Tim and slym2none like this.
  10. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I got talked into watching two kids of gal I dated fir a short time. PLUS a overnight friend. The boy was @11, the girl, her friend @9?
    9 pm she calls. Her sitter disappeared. Never showed, no answer to cell... she is late for work... so I go over. 7 am she comes home. Her son dragging bags of trash from his room, daughter vacuuming.... “what did you do to my kids?” And they were happy. She was concerned she was drugged, or her kids were...
    I almost regretted there was no spark between us. Those kids needed a dad. (He was killed when he drove across a rural angle train crossing. Assumption he didn’t see the train...
    She was fine to visit with.

Inyo Tim likes this.
  11. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

I took my friend’s young son to a baseball game. After 5 innings, he had: hot dog, coke, peanuts, cotton candy, sno cone and 2 foul balls. After 5 he said, “Uncle Tony, I don’t feel so good”. I said, “Ya think.” When I handed him back to his mom, she said, “You know, Uncle Tony, you can say no.” I told her that I was the fun Uncle Tony. Lol.

G30SF/F-250, Flags and FullClip like this.
  12. BillKilgore

BillKilgore

Chocolate chip cookies and red bull an hour before mom get's home. It's important to not start the party too early or you have to deal with the consequences.

13. Micad

Micad

14. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

Same kid as my last post. I took him to a model train show. Wound up buying him a wooden train whistle. My friend Allison, calls me an hour later and says, “You bastige.” :rofl: My mission here is complete.

larry_minn likes this.