close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Baby Glock (G33) Laser Options?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Bobcatbaseball, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Bobcatbaseball

Bobcatbaseball

I had a crimson trace laser grip on my glock 30. I loved it, but I didn`t love the width it added to the gun or the additional grip size. I know have a Glock 33. My question....Would i be better served with the new crimson trace laserguard ( as it doesnt add width) or the internal lasermax. My preference would be the laser max because I think glocks are pretty ( I do) and I dont want to change the appearance in any way. Im concerned about .357 sig beating the lasermax to death. Please chime in with your thoughts! Thanks!

2. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

Lasermax is the premium choice, in function and price. Crimson trace products are very reliable, just not as clean ergonomically.

3. Bobcatbaseball

Bobcatbaseball

That`s what I`m thinking. Im just worried about .357 sig beating up this NON-Glock essential part of my pistol. How much experience do you have with the lasermax?

4. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

Lasermax on left, CT on right-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONWwBDwydR8

I'd go with the Crimson Trace LG-436 Laser Guard if you don't like the ergo-change that the LG-626 causes. I personally love the palm swells it adds, but others do not. I'd go with the LG-436 Laser Guard because-

1. Not replacing a critical part of your gun.
    2. No switches to fumble with. No need to complicate your draw by having to press a button.

*Not my picture, but this is one on a Glock 26; special holsters are sold by lots of companies.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  5. Bobcatbaseball

Bobcatbaseball

Thank you for that picture! I`m a lot more comfortable with the crimson trace now that I see it on a baby glock. All the pictures I found beforehand were those on the crimson trace website. Those pictures were a Glock 30/29. The lasergaurd on that 26 looks pretty space-aged, but I like it. Again, thanks again for taking time to put that picture up! I would feel a lot more comfortable without replacing a glock part. I had a laser grip on my 30 and I loved the instant on. You have swayed me in the other direction and probably saved me 100 bucks. You the man!

6. Bobcatbaseball

Bobcatbaseball

oh and your point on the palm swells...the palm swells did not bother me. I ended up putting a rubber grip over the laser grip of my 30. My main problem with the laser grip was vainity. I didn`t like how the diode kinda looked like a tumor beside the slide of my pistol. The laserguard is basically a pressure activated rail system which is nice because the baby glocks are rail-less...

7. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

Ah, gotcha! Yea, in case you can't tell, I love Crimson Trace-

[​IMG]
    :supergrin:

I think you'll be highly pleased with the LG-436 Laser Guard. Check Cal's Sporting Armory online; great to do business with! Cheap as well.

As for the G33, excellent gun! I'm going to be purchasing one very soon, and can't wait to take the plunge into .357 SIG.

8. texas 48

texas 48 Gold Member

+111
    I have one on a g33 and have 700 with it on. Won't use a Lasermax for a couple of reasons
    They use the same spring weight as a standrd Glock spring.
    Reliability issues.
    Switch is not as natural as the CT
    Wish CT would make the Laserguard style for the G29 G30
    IMHO

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  9. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Lasermax is tops, but CT's are almost as good, and are cheaper.