Baby Eagle Polymer Compact Owners

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 45reloader, Dec 31, 2009.

1. 45reloader

45reloader Live Free

Anyone here own a Baby Eagle Polymer Compact.They are the least talked about guns.Yet are always reported to be well built quality guns.

2. Dogbite

Dogbite

Yeah I shot a regular baby eagle once, and i was very impressed by it. Great reliability, great accuracy.

3. ohioshooter

ohioshooter

we have the regular baby eagle 9 and the jericho .40 and both shoot great.

4. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

I've shot my friend's steel frame Baby Eagle many a'time. It's a very underrated pistol - it's AK-47 style reliable, feels great in my hands, fun to shoot, and built like a tank. I shoot other pistols more accurately, but it's still no sloucher and easily combat accurate. I think of them as a sexier and better feeling version of a Ruger auto.

But when I've handled the polymer frames, they don't fit my hands at all. It's very strange.

Still, I've heard really great things about them in general. If they fit your hands right, I'd say go snatch one up. I will get a steel one in .40 S&W one of these days.

5. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

I have shot the Baby Eagle in 9mm, steel slide version. Loved the gun, was very smooth shooter. Not sure the smooth feeling would be kept with the polymer frame, but I have yet to shoot one.

6. AdExec

AdExec

Got a new Jericho 941 .45 Fullsize a few weeks ago and it is one of the smoothest shooting .45 Ive ever shot. Im talking recoil like a Glock 9mm. I can shoot 4 inch groups at 35 yards (end of my range locally)

Now if I could just find cheaper ammo....

7. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

The poly baby eagles are just not the same smooth shooting pistol that the all steel ones are. They feel goofy and out of ballance.

8. 45reloader

45reloader Live Free

Top heavy like an XD?
    How bad are they worse then XD,M&P,Glock,Sigma,ect?

I really like the looks,but the poly is the only one I think I would carry due to weight.

9. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

Well that's the problem, the Baby Eagle was designed as a military side arm, not a carry weapon, it's heavy. The poly frame was a compromise to make it into a potential carry weapon.